Two (2) simple suggestions

Guest iRedZerg

Guest iRedZerg

Hello, I'm playing here for 2 and a half week with 5 more real life friends and we support server with donation etc. First of all I want to thank every single Staff for what hes been through in order we can have fun. Keep it up!

So my first suggestion is to have 3 proxy servers: 1 for Europe, 1 for South America and 1 for North America to help us with ping issues.

My second suggestion is to stop having a lot of restarts per day, if u fix something just wait until a fixed time and then update it to live server, for example everyday at 17.00 there will be set a downtime for 30 minutes in order to update the codes and stuff.

(Sorry for my bad english its not my mother tongue)

> So my first suggestion is to have 3 proxy servers: 1 for Europe, 1 for South America and 1 for North America to help us with ping issues.

Ugh, this'll be a little complicated for staff since we have RED and BLU server running.

> My second suggestion is to stop having a lot of restarts per day, if u fix something just wait until a fixed time and then update it to live server, for example everyday at 17.00 there will be set a downtime for 30 minutes in order to update the codes and stuff.

I agree with this a lot, but crashes (restarts) happen randomly so it will be up when staffs fix it.

Heyam, Im so newbie

One of first topics is related to server suggestions so I doubt they might change opinion even with servers.

As for ping goes imo 250 ping is still playable on this game, its mostly you vs PvE and in PvP you got good decision making timer that helps you with having ping problems.

As DaDoom already said, server stability is related to random crashes that staff behind the scenes is trying to fix since game doesn't have staff of 100 fully payed staff at disposal.

Guest iRedZerg
183995 One of first topics is related to server suggestions so I doubt they might change opinion even with servers.

As for ping goes imo 250 ping is still playable on this game, its mostly you vs PvE and in PvP you got good decision making timer that helps you with having ping problems.

As DaDoom already said, server stability is related to random crashes that staff behind the scenes is trying to fix since game doesn't have staff of 100 fully payed staff at disposal.

We need lower ping for other things such as moving around, moving into houses etc.

Bumps, won't make the dev's admins read the post faster, will just be considered spam, especially on the same day. Regarding ping that would be ideal but costly and probably with current server coding and set up not be possible. For your second suggestion, it doesn't make sense, you're misunderstanding the reason they restart, is because the server crashes, or times out. They are not timing out the server or restarting it because they want to. when the dev's/admins have the chance to stabilize the servers optimization you will see less restarts. But right now if they do restart the server once a day at a specific time, then we would be without a server to play on more often then not.

Ping isn't really that much of a problem, I would say. Desync in a FPS is more critical than in a strategy game that is based on your input. Also, the only thing that gets affected by your ping in this game is how fast map transmissions start or a battle begins and such, so 250+ ping is still playable. Remember, this is my personal opinion.

Server crashes aren't really their fault, nor can they prevent those by upgrading to even more servers. After all, this project is a live beta and we all should be happy and thankful that it exists, no matter how many downtimes the servers have. [glow=red]Still my personal opinion.[/glow]

And now - some of my favorite quotes:

[glow=blue]"The ability of discerning high quality unavoidably implies the ability of identifying shortcomings."[/glow]

-Edsger W. Dijkstra

[glow=green]"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."[/glow]

-Marie Curie

[glow=red]"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."[/glow]

-Bertrand Arthur William Russell

183935 Hello, I'm playing here for 2 and a half week with 5 more real life friends and we support server with donation etc. First of all I want to thank every single Staff for what hes been through in order we can have fun. Keep it up!

So my first suggestion is to have 3 proxy servers: 1 for Europe, 1 for South America and 1 for North America to help us with ping issues.

My second suggestion is to stop having a lot of restarts per day, if u fix something just wait until a fixed time and then update it to live server, for example everyday at 17.00 there will be set a downtime for 30 minutes in order to update the codes and stuff.

(Sorry for my bad english its not my mother tongue)

It is not simple suggestion indeed

1- See this https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22823

2- We have fixed reboot already, and a lot reboot per day come from the stuck issue that led to only reboot can solved all problem.