What's the point of extra-rare pokemons?

Terzoreich

I've been on Route 120 in search for Absol for 3 hours and not a single one was found.

What's the point of this? I mean, I see there have to be rarer pokemons, it's good, but like this is just ridiculous.

spending hours running off pokemons and finding nothing... come on.

Let's raise that spawn percentage a bit!

187401 I've been on Route 120 in search for Absol for 3 hours and not a single one was found.

What's the point of this? I mean, I see there have to be rarer pokemons, it's good, but like this is just ridiculous.

spending hours running off pokemons and finding nothing... come on.

Let's raise that spawn percentage a bit!

This game is an MMO. Maintaining rarity levels play an important role in the game, such as providing a market and providing an economy.

This also boosts the longevity of gameplay, it's no fun to play when a game is easy and fully able to be fully completed quickly with little to no effort.

It is also a big factor in PvP, if everything was easily obtainable, PvP would see the same teams over and over and lose it's charm of being varied, competitive and customisable to you and what becomes available to you through RNG.

Spent 6 hours looking for Shinx on Route 1, 5 hours on Squirtle in Vermillion. 9 hours looking for two Ralts on 102 for me and a friend.

I feel your pain, but I disagree that the encounter rates need increased.

I'm up to about 5 hours at the desert without finding a trapinch. I managed to find 3 gibles during my only morning cycle at moon and found a usable bagon within 10 minutes at meteor falls yesterday though so it's all about luck. I've gone a full 24 hour in-game cycle without finding a togepi on love island on 2 occassions, but I'd much prefer that to everyone on the server having epic rares.