Make use of the useless low IV'ed pokes

Guest drvirus

With all due respect this idea is not good at all. It shows a huge lack of economic understanding.

1)

Making shinys so easy to get will make hunting for shinys useless; therefore plummeting the market value of shinies and also making them common which is what they're supposed NOT to be.

2)

The issue you're trying to tackle here is to avoid having the same message "sell rubbish abra 5k" going over and over again and spamming the trade chat but the only thing that this will generate is having WAAAY more messages saying "sell rubbish oddish 1k" ; "sell rubbish pidgey 1k" (you can imagine how many pokemon will become tradable).

Just stop to think of it for a second, those who sell a rubbish pokemon don't mind waiting a day selling just to receive 5k. They are a minority. If you make those "assets" much more liquid then you will have the "middle-class" players (such as myself) trying to sell every single pokemon they catch because they wont have to spend a whole day to sell it.

Long story short, much more players will start selling EVERY SINGLE pokemon they catch instead of having the majority filter their rubbish whilst only the minority trying to sell it. It will increase the amount of rubbish pokemon being sold in the market chat by alot and that's exactly the opposite to what you were tying to achieve.

3)

The real solution for this is clearly the auction house. This is a necessary feature (major priority imo) but it must be implemented in a way to avoid it becoming the PRO's garbage deposit. I already stated a couple suggestions on how the auction house should be implemented to tackle this issue and also help control inflation in the game.

1) Percentage of price to be charged (money sink to help control inflation)

2) Having auctions and fixed price sales but making the fixed price sales appear for a limited amount of time:

Auctions:

Fixed percentage off listing price (no longer than 24 hours auctions)

Fixed price sales:

- 1 day exposure (2% off listed price)

- 3 day exposure (3% off listed price)

- 1 week (5%)

Players select how long they want to sell their items for and if these don't sell after the specified time they return to their box.

I believe this way players will list rubbish pokemon (inevitably) but after 1 or 2 tries they will just release them (as they should do). I also think adding a minimum price for listing could work filter these but I haven't really given it much thought. At first glance it could work but it might force poor players to sell on trade chat thus not really reducing the amount of rubbish pokemon being sold on trade chat.

Anyways these are roughly my ideas on how these things should implemented.

Skryman

(Yes, I'm an economist)