Scaling fee to re-nature a pokemon

Lolwut123456

I'm sure this has been suggested at one point or another, but the general idea seems like something that could be fine tuned and then supported. Lets say, for example, I catch a nearly perfect electrike, but it has a Lax nature. Now, normally that means its garbage and that pokemon is going to be sold for story content or simply trashed. But what if an NPC was introduced that would, for a large and scaling fee, reroll my nature to another random nature as many times as I liked/could afford. Now, instead of a 2/3/4 IV pokemon simply going to waste because of a poor nature, you are able to save them at a cost. I pitched this idea in blue All Chat a few times, and the main complaint I saw was that it would take away from the need to hunt for pokemon. Which is why I would suggest a HIGH starting price, so that the only way this would ever be used is on a pokemon that is very, very good. Meaning amazing IVs, hidden ability, extreme rarity whatever. As it would also be a scaling fee for a random nature, that would make it a gamble and again decrease the chances of someone using it for a borderline pokemon. I don't have any numbers in mind as of yet, but if there is support for this then that would be something the Devs could work out relatively easily. Thoughts?

You'd still hunt for them, its not like you just happen upon a 2/3/4x 31 iv pokemon every day. This is literally the only pokemon game that does not have breeding, which means hunting alone is the only way to find a pokemon. Pure RNG is not a good system for rewarding the time invested in hunting pokemon. And if they were to be account locked after a reroll it would have a positive effect on the economy, draining some of the excess cash in exchange for pokemon that won't be sold. And more importantly, it adds a little value to pokemon who would otherwise be trash. Theres currently been a 5x30+ iv abra floating in trade on blue that rolled a brave nature. It has 0 value because of that, but if thiswere implemented it instead has some trade value for the fact that someone who wants it and has the resources to do so can save it.

188972 You'd still hunt for them

thats the point of grinding in the first place. having this system will make it the same as having a breeding system. you dont seems to calculate the full impact of this change-nature system. If all people could change it, no ones will bother to go for an auction, just a simple grind, then change nature. it would impact the economy badly

Nice idea, really. But as already mentioned this would be bad for the MMO-Environment. You would just focus on your own grind and there would be less need to interact with other players. And if u make it expensive like 1M/Roll with a chance of 1/25. Meh.

U might randomly find an epic or very good pokemon u dont like or u dont need for your team and can trade this for purchasing one you really like or need for your team.

Thats the spirit.^^