A counterpart of the Rare Candy

Neverluckeh

Today I had made a quite demotivating mistake, after the process [searching for the ideal pokémon with good IV's > EV-training > leveling] I accidentally pressed NO at the point where the pokémon can't reach its final evolution. Which is very unfortunate and very stupid on my part. But after clicking NO for 70 times and a whole day of grinding it is quite easy to make such a simple mistake with no means to reverse it.

Which brings me to my suggestion that most likely will benefit both the game and the players to a certain extent.

To implement a counterpart of the rare candy that reduces the level of a pokémon by 1. (it doesn't necessarily needs to be an item, it can also be a NPC like the move releaner)

I have multiple suggestions on how to obtain this 'counterpart of the rare candy'

1. To buy it from a NPC with the cost of 20k - 40k (gold sink)

2. A chance of obtaining this item from smashing rocks in the new excavation sites. (might encourage people to visit those sites)

3. A quest or a boss to unlock access to a NPC which trades this item for a rare candy alongside a fee of 20k (new content + gold/candy sink)

4. A rare berrie that you can obtain by headbutting trees. (might encourage people to headbutt)

5. An item you can buy for 10-20 coins by donating. (like the mirror)

Obviously this suggestion pretty selfish as its only for a small portion of the player base and it wont be huge goldsink. (I assume) But I'd like you to still consider it as it might not take much work to implement this.

Thanks for reading and hopefully this is a suggestion you can use!

I do think this is something we need, especially if the cause isn't even the player (we do have cases where the server crashed as the Pokemon is being evolved, leaving the player with an unevolved lv100).

And I particularly like idea #2 (making it available from excavation sites).

However, let's wait and see what the staffs will say about it.

Just going to put some criticism and state, wouldn't it been best to put your thinking cap and stop at 98 or 99 to evolve and then level the Pokemon above? All staff members do tell users to do so before maxing your Pokemon levels.

THOUGH, the idea itself seems quite wonderful. Would really help users be able to assist themselves if this unfavorable situation comes upon them. Still, I feel that adding this into the shop would be rather too easy in my liking and wouldn't fit as how Rare Candies are found.

How about, just like Rare Candies, they are founded around the environment such as on the floor in certain locations,dig sites, as well as the Excavation site like you pointed out. With this, it has a similar rarity and can assist the user if founded because I don't think another sink itself is needed with the....well....the Excavation Site and all the rage that came with it.

Just my two cents.

-Edited- Just realized what was said in the OP :Bored:

191728 I do think this is something we need, especially if the cause isn't even the player (we do have cases where the server crashed as the Pokemon is being evolved, leaving the player with an unevolved lv100).

That is a solid point you make there, I was thinking about that myself but I was hestitant to add that since I have no experience of that happening to me or to an other player. But if we do have cases where is this has happened because of the server and not the careless player then all the more reason to implement this.

191747 Just going to put some criticism and state, wouldn't it been best to put your thinking cap and stop at 98 or 99 to evolve and then level the Pokemon above? All staff members do tell users to do so before maxing your Pokemon levels.

At level 98 and 50% experience I thought to myself 'Alright, I must be careful and not mess up.' That thought was forgotten rather quickly because I was distracted, at the time I was chatting with 2 different people on the game, talking on skype and watching a football match. (a rather eventful football match) And dont get me wrong, I shared the story of my experience just to give an idea on how easy it is to make such a simple mistake that can waste so much time and how I came up with this idea, not to complain. Personally I have made peace with my mistake after a break of a couple of hours. But as you may have read, Starlight made an interesting point where people do lose the ability to evolve a pokémon because of a server crash and that is ragequit material.