Auction - and some other things

Itcantbe

Suggestion - Auction:

I have been playing this game for a while, even if only mediocore active, and noticed that trading in this game has several problems, or well better things that make it more complicated than it could be.

For an example when people are selling items, they have to give it to a pokemon trade the pokemon and do that again and again... which is annoying when trading a greater amount of items. Furthermore there are a few people that like to joke around (like calling you to a city that is far away and than they disappear once you get there.), or accidently try to buy from the wrong person, scammers and so on. Alone the amount of players trading makes it sometimes hard to see everything thats offered or that someone wishes to buy crowding the chat a lot. :Angry:

Because of this I would say, it would be a good idea to add a sort of auctionhouse into the game. I do know, that the you do want to make this game be close to the original ones, but some things just would be very helpful for online games that are as heavily based on trading to get ones money like this.

The current idea of the auction house is, that it would be introduced trough the Silph Co (for players already gone trough that it should simply be available) and be located in the Silph Co and Pokecenters (there are three unused doors in the back as trading is done manually).

The Plot could be something like it beeing their newest invention, a machine that instantly transfers and stores items and pokemons and that team rocket tried to gain control over this system. (Money...) Or something like that.... naturally a scientist there could give one a quest anyone that has beaten team rocket can do... (because if you make a hard quest only insane grinders can do, it wouldnt be useful at all.) like getting some sort of key card from a fleeing rocket member or whatever.

The auction itself would be able to store items either for one, three or seven days and charge a %tuell price for the item placed there. 2,5% for 1 day, 5% for 3 days and 10% for 7 days (anything beyond that would just get players to not use it, though the 10% are already questionably high.)

An example would be: A player is selling a razor fang for 100 000$ and placing it inside the auction. Now it would either charge 5 000$ for placing it there, or after selling it (which is what I would say should happen... the money upfront may be unaffordable for some.) If it is beeing sold, he gets 95 000$ if its not sold he either loses the 5 000$ or nothing. (which should be the case... to much money would be lost if the 2,5%,5%,10% are lost by simply placing...) :Crazy:

Well this is still merely a rough idea and I do not know, if it is possible to implement it, but I would say to change something about the current trading system would be very useful for many players and maybe the gm overseeing the trade chat too.

Suggestion - Rare Pokemons

Currently I have been hearing many people say, the pokemon are to rare. To a certain extent I do agree there (veridian... 0-2 pikachus for searching an hour and there are worse places.), but on the other hand I do think that they are rare is alright. Cause wouldn't everything be flooded with "rare" pokemons if they weren't rare at all and could be found by merely searching an hour? Yes it makes it hard to find a good rare pokemon.... But wouldn't one like a pokemon he found after searching forever far more than one he just found in an hour? Well there is the troll thing there.... but I would suggest not to change much with the "rare" pokemons I saw so far... (Does Snorlax even exist? Though I didnt search that long for it yet...)

Suggestion - Events

I have been in this online game for a while, but didnt even notice any events beeing held. I dont know how hard it is to hold an event, but I will say, that it is boring to have no events at all in an online game. There is a chance that somewhere in this forum events are beeing posted, but if there are some I didnt see them and if there are some they shouldnt just be for "high-levels" but for "small" players too.

For an example weekly tasks (Catch 10 Budews, reward: ??? (Money, Items, Pokemon, etc) ), (Beat 100 Rattata, Reward ??? (Wrath of the golden Rattata.... gameover. Nah just joking.), and so on.

Tournaments for high level players... (they would just buy up some pokemons to intrude into low lvl tournaments to rack up prices - leaving none for low levels.)

Treasure Hunts (Probably would be to much work.) - Like hiding items items at a randomn spot individually for people at a certain time, prices can be for an example like dig.... What they get to roll on depends on their position. (1 best chance, 2-10 second best, 11-100 third best, 100+ Sorry you didnt make it price.)

And many other things... just think about it a bit too^^

Well I guess that is what I have to say for now...... I would like to have additional ways of earning ingame money like a job system (Those trainers sometimes have jobs...) but yeah.....^^ Well this is a wall of text saying less than it would suggest it does...

Suggestion - More smileys beeing available in posts..... at least give us five.... :Cry:

As Tatsumi said, auction house has already been planned (and it has also been suggested like 1000 times, so please read next time). By checking the forum, you would also know that the auction house il already ready to be implemented as fully coded, but the server instability does not allow to implement it because it can cause pokemon and money loss due to crashes. So server stability is the first objective to proceed with the auction house.

I do agree with the necessity of minor events and for "end game events"

As for major events, the legendary tournament, has finished not so long ago. After that all was suppressed because of Hoenn implementation. Hope to see more major events soon.

From 2015: I'm still here

196078 Also a mail system to send items easier is coming. There has been so many posts about this it wouldn't have taken long to find any of them. Less time than it took to type this thread probably :P

...... :Shocked:

Next task: Read the forum one day.... xD

Well thats usefull though^^ Thanks for the info

- As others have said, Auction House is planned, will be added when server is more stable.

- We do have events for holidays and other things, however more will come in time :)

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.