How good is a pokemon?

Beast53

1. 1.

First how nature and ivs matter for a pokemon.

IVs - IV range is 1-31, each iv point adds 1 stat point at lvl 100

Nature -Nature gives +10% boost to a stat to a stat and -10% to other(on pokemon description page the stat in green is + and stat in red is -), if a pokemon has 300 points in a stat, with 31 ivs and neutral nature, with +stat it will get 30 extra stat points, making it 330,pokemons with high base stat get even better boost in stat with benificial nature.

I will take example of a Staraptor for this one.

[highlight=yellow]Nature[/highlight] - Bad(bad nature for Staraptor are -att and -speed, including - timid and brave)

[highlight=red]IVs[/highlight]-

(only att and speed for Staraptor,other ivs dont matter, except hp, hp needs to be 20+ for all pokemons)

0-10 -fail

10-20 -very bad

20-29 -not good

30-31 -so-so

[highlight=yellow]Nature[/highlight] - Neutral(natures which are [highlight=orange]-sp att[/highlight] are also considered neutral for Staraptor, bcoz Staraptor is physical and dont need sp att)

0-10 -very bad

10-20 -not good

20-29 -so-so

30-31 -not bad

[highlight=yellow]Nature[/highlight] - Good(+att and +speed for Staraptor, except timid and brave)

0-10 -so-so

10-20 -not bad

20-25 -nice catch

25-30 -great

30-31 -epic

if 1 iv is epic and other is great with good nature-

if +nature -epic - pokemon is epic(if Staraptor +att nature and got 31 att ivs and 25+ speed ivs its epic att Staraptor , if Staraptor +speed nature and got 31 speed ivs and 25+ att ivs its epic speed Staraptor)

if +nature -great -pokemon is great(if Staraptor +speed nature and got 31 att ivs and 25+ speed ivs its great att Staraptor , if Staraptor +att nature and got 31 speed ivs and 25+ att ivs its epic att Staraptor)

if good nature - all ivs 20+(great/epic - speed and attack)-- very great

if good nature - all ivs 30+ - Best

I hope this helps in checking how good is a pokemon

EIsrSi5.png

IMO Growlithe is actually a kinda bad example because Arcanine can run Mixed set really well, as its base SAtk is 100, only 10 points less than its base 110 Atk.

However, it doesn't affect the point of the guide, so if you don't want to change it, it's fine.

But one thing that I think should be changed, is your reasoning for why -SAtk nature that's not Adamant or Jolly is considered neutral instead of good.

The way you worded it, it sounds like all natures with -SAtk should be considered good nature for Growlithe.

Perhaps its better to say "Natures which reduces SpAtk but doesn't increase Atk or Speed are considered neutral because Growlithe needs Attack or Speed boost more than a Defense or SpDef boost". That way you basically tell people that Impish and Careful are okay, but not as good as Adamant or Jolly.

IMO Growlithe is actually a kinda bad example because Arcanine can run Mixed set really well, as its base SAtk is 100, only 10 points less than its base 110 Atk.

However, it doesn't affect the point of the guide, so if you don't want to change it, it's fine.

But one thing that I think should be changed, is your reasoning for why -SAtk nature that's not Adamant or Jolly is considered neutral instead of good.

The way you worded it, it sounds like all natures with -SAtk should be considered good nature for Growlithe.

Perhaps its better to say "Natures which reduces SpAtk but doesn't increase Atk or Speed are considered neutral because Growlithe needs Attack or Speed boost more than a Defense or SpDef boost". That way you basically tell people that Impish and Careful are okay, but not as good as Adamant or Jolly.

Arcanine is a better attacker, so its mostly attack set, only a few uses sp att set, mixed isnt a good option for Arcanine, and i just took it as a example of attacker arcanine bcoz its more popular than sp att arcanine or a mixed one.

EIsrSi5.png

I personally think that using arcanine was horrible example, especially when it states that "natures which are -sp att are also considered neutral for growlithe, bcoz growlithe is physical and dont need sp att." As an defensive arcanine (impish, +def -spa) with intimidate is actually pretty good, especially with will-o-wisp support. Also a mixed arcanine running overheat will catch many physical walls off guard.

I personally think that using arcanine was horrible example, especially when it states that "natures which are -sp att are also considered neutral for growlithe, bcoz growlithe is physical and dont need sp att." As an defensive arcanine (impish, +def -spa) with intimidate is actually pretty good, especially with will-o-wisp support. Also a mixed arcanine running overheat will catch many physical walls off guard.

I have changed example to Staraptor which got 120 base att and 100 speed, only 50 sp att, so i guess it will be a good example

EIsrSi5.png