Gothitelle is too hard too counter

Mrbd

It boils down to this:

You need to build a team around Slowbro to abuse him. That basically means stall is the problem. Not Slowbro. There are also viable counters, many of which have already been mentioned.

Shadow Tag Gothitelle, on the other hand, doesn't need anything else but itself to be effective. You can put it in any team and it will pull its weight. It cannot be countered in a sense that it will not switch in into something that can beat it. And when it does switch into something it can beat, it's basically dead courtesy of Shadow Tag. If that isn't enough, you're likely going to face a +6 SpA + 6 SpD Gothitelle afterwards. You can try to revenge kill it, but unlike its opponents, it has the luxury of switching.

Shadow tag as an ability must be banned. The need is less pronounced with Wobuffet because Encore isn't working and everything is packing Status moves or Setup moves. It turns battles into 1v1's. For all the talk about skill, there's more skill involved in pivoting around with Regenerator than there is switching into something you can beat and erasing it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

205551 It boils down to this:

You need to build a team around Slowbro to abuse him. That basically means stall is the problem. Not Slowbro. There are also viable counters, many of which have already been mentioned.

Shadow Tag Gothitelle, on the other hand, doesn't need anything else but itself to be effective. You can put it in any team and it will pull its weight. It cannot be countered in a sense that it will not switch in into something that can beat it. And when it does switch into something it can beat, it's basically dead courtesy of Shadow Tag. If that isn't enough, you're likely going to face a +6 SpA + 6 SpD Gothitelle afterwards. You can try to revenge kill it, but unlike its opponents, it has the luxury of switching.

Shadow tag as an ability must be banned. The need is less pronounced with Wobuffet because Encore isn't working and everything is packing Status moves or Setup moves. It turns battles into 1v1's. For all the talk about skill, there's more skill involved in pivoting around with Regenerator than there is switching into something you can beat and erasing it.

I couldn't agree with you more friend. You should post that here: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=33054

205551 It boils down to this:

I couldn't agree with you more friend. You should post that here: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=33054

I will :)

I am not able, for now, to get over the 400 pts on ranked, because of the wall&stalling teams against which I lose 50% of the time. I wont support the ban of Gothithelle since I really enjoying seeing people complaining about it here. (How many of you are using full stall teams? Don't be shy!) and also because its truly a viable and 100% safe counter to those teams.

I'd like to come up again on this slowbro/blissey countering issue... and i have to say i fully agree with Futz. Only entry hazards enable a 2OHKO on Slowbro, and Blissey is resistant enough to paralyze Weavile. If you dont have a heal bell in your team, your weavile is almost dead. (+ not to mention the chances of getting burned by Slowbro's Scald - same problem here).

4FVP

Oh man. I am loving how everyone assumes that if you run stall, you'll want a Gothitelle ban. I run balanced offense. No Regenerators either. I would support a Gothitelle ban, simply because the ability to isolate and kill off a Pokemon helplessly seems overpowered to me. But eh. Since we're all protecting our own interests anyway, let's just do whatever we want. Lol.