Evolutions & Level Skips - Unlearned Moves

Gucciusmaximus

Hey guys,

I gained multiple levels on a Metapod, and evolved it into Butterfree (directly to level 11, meaning level 10 was effectively skipped) Unfortunately, I didn't learn Confusion in the process (a level 10 move). This also happened for my Caterpie into Metapod, as well as my Weedle into my Kakuna.

I think this needs to be addressed, as especially with powerleveling later in the game, this mechanic will cause many skipped or unlearned moves.

Yes you can buy TMs. But should we have to? Probably not at all in this case, as it is a core game mechanic. By the way, I scoured the forums for this and was astounded to not have found any other cases of this!

Thank you for reading, and addressing this in advance!

Best,

GucciusMaximus

211752 Hey guys,

I gained multiple levels on a Metapod, and evolved it into Butterfree (directly to level 11, meaning level 10 was effectively skipped) Unfortunately, I didn't learn Confusion in the process (a level 10 move). This also happened for my Caterpie into Metapod, as well as my Weedle into my Kakuna.

I think this needs to be addressed, as especially with powerleveling later in the game, this mechanic will cause many skipped or unlearned moves.

Yes you can buy TMs. But should we have to? Probably not at all in this case, as it is a core game mechanic. By the way, I scoured the forums for this and was astounded to not have found any other cases of this!

Thank you for reading, and addressing this in advance!

Best,

GucciusMaximus

There's various Move Relearners throughout the regions, like leotosi mentioned. You can get any previous move that way, for a small fee of 2K each.