Game crashes instantly

Juaro

PRO Username: Juaro

Have you looked at the FAQ to solve your issue?: Yes

On which server issue happened: RED

What have you done before the problem was there?

I updated the game.

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

I tried out and went through all the necessary steps described in the Windows 7 crash help, none of them worked.

Description and Message

So, ever since the most recent update, my game, which i am running on a 32 bit Windows 7 Laptop, just crashes instantly, it doesn't get to load anything, the .exe just crashes immediatly upon opening the file.

I've tried all of the things that have been suggested around here to people with similar problems, didn't work.

So now i'm thinking, because the updated version works fine on my PC, which also runs a 32 bit windows 7 version, that it has something to do with my laptop.

i've had problems with updated games in the past because this laptop is rather bad and is only running a pretty old and lightweight intel graphics chipset, and it's had problems with better versions of openGL in the past.

Could it be that the requirements to be able to run the game changed in the most recent update, seeing how i could run the game fine before on this laptop and now it just won't work at all.

213777 PRO Username: Juaro

I updated the game.

I tried out and went through all the necessary steps described in the Windows 7 crash help, none of them worked.

Description and Message

So, ever since the most recent update, my game, which i am running on a 32 bit Windows 7 Laptop, just crashes instantly, it doesn't get to load anything, the .exe just crashes immediatly upon opening the file.

I've tried all of the things that have been suggested around here to people with similar problems, didn't work.

So now i'm thinking, because the updated version works fine on my PC, which also runs a 32 bit windows 7 version, that it has something to do with my laptop.

i've had problems with updated games in the past because this laptop is rather bad and is only running a pretty old and lightweight intel graphics chipset, and it's had problems with better versions of openGL in the past.

Could it be that the requirements to be able to run the game changed in the most recent update, seeing how i could run the game fine before on this laptop and now it just won't work at all.

Game requirements weren't changed in the most recent update, PRO is actually a super light program and should run more than fine even in a really standard old PC :) Crash issues shouldn't be related to game graphics though, you made sure you exctrated the files correctly? Also it's advised to uninstall the previously installed clients before downloading the new one :)

Let me know if the issue persists

213777 PRO Username: Juaro

I updated the game.

Description and Message

Game requirements weren't changed in the most recent update, PRO is actually a super light program and should run more than fine even in a really standard old PC :) Crash issues shouldn't be related to game graphics though, you made sure you exctrated the files correctly? Also it's advised to uninstall the previously installed clients before downloading the new one :)

Let me know if the issue persists

Sadly i did all of this before typing up this report, yeah.

Honestly i just have no idea what's up with that.

213921 Sadly i did all of this before typing up this report, yeah.

Tried this guide as well?

Maybe try to download the 64 bit version, it should be an issue with your laptop for what I've got, all the other programs beside PRO runs correctly?

Yup, that list was the first thing i tried.

I don't see what downloading the 64 bit version would do for me, besides not working because it's a 32 bit OS, but oh well no harm in trying i guess.

And yes, everything else but PRO works just fine. PRO also worked fine, then i downloaded the update and the game just crashes everytime i try and start it up.

213921 Sadly i did all of this before typing up this report, yeah.

Maybe try to download the 64 bit version, it should be an issue with your laptop for what I've got, all the other programs beside PRO runs correctly?

I don't see what downloading the 64 bit version would do for me, besides not working because it's a 32 bit OS, but oh well no harm in trying i guess.

And yes, everything else but PRO works just fine. PRO also worked fine, then i downloaded the update and the game just crashes everytime i try and start it up.

Some people with the same crash issue fixed the problem by changing the program they use to decompress zip files, you're using winrar? Try 7-zip, that worked for some people :)

Some people with the same crash issue fixed the problem by changing the program they use to decompress zip files, you're using winrar? Try 7-zip, that worked for some people :)

Yeah i had already tried that as well, didn't do anything.

213965 Yeah i had already tried that as well, didn't do anything.

Ok last hope before having to wait a fix from the devs, in this thread the user fixed the problem working on its antivirus, have you tried the same? Disabling it for PRO maybe

as bad as it may seem any other time, it at least gives me some clarity in this... i don't use an antivirus program, so no, that's not it.

Anyway thank you for dedicating a bit of your time to my problem, but it's probably time to wait for a fix by the devs.