Managing the PRO Spanish-Speaking Community

Pkmnmaster88

1. 1.

Has anyone asked about your credentials? please stop introducing your professional and academic achievements.

in every comment you put the only thing you do is promote yourself . I think that what you actually want is your own fame and prestige rather than improve coexistence.

With some luck you will can add "PRO Developer" to your signature...

Good luck with this!

jPKjbZc.gif

215898 This thread is mainly intended for the PRO staff's reading.

I have recently joined PRO and so far I have really enjoyed my experience (with the exception of a couple of things that differ from the traditional games, but nothing "game-breaking") and I think that PRO has a great future ahead, to look forward to.

With that being said, I have noticed that the Spanish-Speaking community is quite large... In fact it's huge. I am however not surprised since Pokemon is a worldwide phenomenon and it has been quite a popular game for years here in America (that would include South America as well ofc)...

All of PRO's areas (community-wise) seem to be managed as far as I can tell, but what about the Spanish community? You see, something peculiar happens with the spanish speakers (myself not-included) and it's that they will almost never participate in a discussion (or a chat channel) that speaks anything other than Spanish. Take the "Other" channel for example, on the very rare occasion, people from other nationalities sometimes pop-up, though quickly leave once they realize it's full of spanish speakers. These people instead of insisting, simply go to an English-Speaking channel, using what little English they may have.

Spanish speakers don't do this. Even if they speak English, they simply don't care to speak with an English-Speaking community. There is no logical reason as to why this happens, but it simply is this way. Perhaps it is due to the fact that the Spanish group is a big one compared to others, not sure.

Fast-Forward to what this thread is really about...

The Spanish-Speaking community needs managing. There is too much swearing and profanity being exchanged back & forth, all day long... But there is no one to control this. A couple of days ago, if I recall correctly, a girl/women/female was asking for help, fortunately there is always someone willing to help out and she continued enjoying the game.

The problem is that the swearing is simply out of hand in this channel... It is a very common thing to see people in there saying throwing words like "[Censored]", "[Censored]", "[Censored]"... Just to name a few of the more "innocent ones".

Is this ok? Is it ok that we know many of our players are still childs and are being exposed to such profanity? What about our female players?

Of course they don't speak up since there is no one there to control the problem.

I propose 3 solutions to this problem, since I dislike only complaining and not offering options:

1 - I am 100% fluent in Spanish, thanks to me being an English Professor, currently teaching in a private Government-Funded institution here in Mexico. Ask me for a list of profanities, I can write it up and provide it so that you can implement it in the censoring filter for PRO's chat. You can't just Google for a list and voila... Slang terms are updated every day in our ever-evolving society.

2 - I can help you train one or two of your moderators, so that they can detect bad behaviour in the chat and act accordingly.

3 - I can help moderate, but I can only log in about 4 - 5 times a day, and the time I can be on playing can vary from 30 minutes to 2-3 hrs. tops.

Either way, I hope I have helped in some way or another by putting this out here.

Have a nice day and thanks for providing fans with PRO.

The problem goes beyond community control in how the language is concerned. You're more playing time , you'd know .

The problem is that new players and not make efforts and want all the answers and quick fixes , filling chat with questions (spam). This causes more experienced players to respond aggressively and with little patience , because they (and I include myself) made ​​the effort to at least find a guide on the internet or solve problems on their own.

If you raise this issue because you have not helped you're wrong, because the sense of chat is to talk, not spamming questions, for that purpose there is a chat "help", and if you do not speak english exist "google translate" or other translator in web.

The real problem was caused by other reasons, as the entry of new players and laziness of them. The community works when nobody spamming questions (which are written each 5 minutes -.-).

If you want to find a real solution it is easier to create a chat aimed at resolving questions in spanish language, and if you want to be answering them all, ur welcome. :y:

I have recently joined PRO and so far I have really enjoyed my experience (with the exception of a couple of things that differ from the traditional games, but nothing "game-breaking") and I think that PRO has a great future ahead, to look forward to.

With that being said, I have noticed that the Spanish-Speaking community is quite large... In fact it's huge. I am however not surprised since Pokemon is a worldwide phenomenon and it has been quite a popular game for years here in America (that would include South America as well ofc)...

All of PRO's areas (community-wise) seem to be managed as far as I can tell, but what about the Spanish community? You see, something peculiar happens with the spanish speakers (myself not-included) and it's that they will almost never participate in a discussion (or a chat channel) that speaks anything other than Spanish. Take the "Other" channel for example, on the very rare occasion, people from other nationalities sometimes pop-up, though quickly leave once they realize it's full of spanish speakers. These people instead of insisting, simply go to an English-Speaking channel, using what little English they may have.

Spanish speakers don't do this. Even if they speak English, they simply don't care to speak with an English-Speaking community. There is no logical reason as to why this happens, but it simply is this way. Perhaps it is due to the fact that the Spanish group is a big one compared to others, not sure.

The Spanish-Speaking community needs managing. There is too much swearing and profanity being exchanged back & forth, all day long... But there is no one to control this. A couple of days ago, if I recall correctly, a girl/women/female was asking for help, fortunately there is always someone willing to help out and she continued enjoying the game.

The problem is that the swearing is simply out of hand in this channel... It is a very common thing to see people in there saying throwing words like "[Censored]", "[Censored]", "[Censored]"... Just to name a few of the more "innocent ones".

Is this ok? Is it ok that we know many of our players are still childs and are being exposed to such profanity? What about our female players?

Of course they don't speak up since there is no one there to control the problem.

I propose 3 solutions to this problem, since I dislike only complaining and not offering options:

1 - I am 100% fluent in Spanish, thanks to me being an English Professor, currently teaching in a private Government-Funded institution here in Mexico. Ask me for a list of profanities, I can write it up and provide it so that you can implement it in the censoring filter for PRO's chat. You can't just Google for a list and voila... Slang terms are updated every day in our ever-evolving society.

2 - I can help you train one or two of your moderators, so that they can detect bad behaviour in the chat and act accordingly.

3 - I can help moderate, but I can only log in about 4 - 5 times a day, and the time I can be on playing can vary from 30 minutes to 2-3 hrs. tops.

Either way, I hope I have helped in some way or another by putting this out here.

If you see this happening, would you mind making screenshots and reporting this please? It is not feasible for those of us who do not understand Spanish to translate this in real-time and therefore moderating the channel in-game is incredibly difficult in an efficient manner, however in reports we do have time to translate and understand the true meaning of statements.

Players themselves can help us a great deal by reporting things such as this, and is very much appreciated.

If you see this happening, would you mind making screenshots and reporting this please? It is not feasible for those of us who do not understand Spanish to translate this in real-time and therefore moderating the channel in-game is incredibly difficult in an efficient manner, however in reports we do have time to translate and understand the true meaning of statements.

Players themselves can help us a great deal by reporting things such as this, and is very much appreciated.

Just a question, is it possible to add spanish cursewords/insults to the profanity filer?

215970 "All of PRO's areas (community-wise) seem to be managed as far as I can tell, but what about the Spanish community? You see, something peculiar happens with the spanish speakers (myself not-included) and it's that they will almost never participate in a discussion (or a chat channel) that speaks anything other than Spanish. Take the "Other" channel for example, on the very rare occasion, people from other nationalities sometimes pop-up, though quickly leave once they realize it's full of spanish speakers. These people instead of insisting, simply go to an English-Speaking channel, using what little English they may have.

Spanish speakers don't do this. Even if they speak English, they simply don't care to speak with an English-Speaking community. There is no logical reason as to why this happens, but it simply is this way."

Is this respectful ? Encompasses the whole spanish community, but wait he still says "(myself not-included)".

I would be agree with this post if he would not have called "kids swearing" to every spanish player.

There are other ways to suggest improvements that do not involve being rude to others, thats all.

If you want to enter in staff, find another excuse, but do not dirty the image of a community.

Regards, Antinoo

You seem to be very dense bro. Watch out for what you're saying, the spanish community has no moderation. Also, you seem to be alluded by the words "kids" and "swearing" and thats why you get "mad". This post is not more than a suggestion because the spanish community DOES need regulation, if you're going to criticize something do it with arguments.

@jaccard1 that still wont solve the problem, nobody will be moderating the spanish community and this being a growing game with new players everyday, the spanish community will keep growing, thus, going through a hole because nobody is moderating it, a help chat for spanish-talking people will only be worse if theres no moderation