In-Client update.

Dadoom

It is really annoying to download over and over again from the website so i was wondering if you could make in.client updates.

I was thinking it like next to the buttons where Setting and credits are to make button "Check for updates" or something and if we press it it'll start

checking, if no update it'll say "No updates" ofc and if yes you s..... ah you know next.

If you could include this it would be really nice. :y:

:thanks: for reading.

Heyam, Im so newbie

This wouldn't work as they host game files on 3rd party upload sites. They would need to start hosting the files themselves in order to do this.

216589 This was tried in the past, but too many players don't know how to deal with their firewalls.

If they had an installer, rather than just ZIP, they could have the installer automatically add a firewall rule. Many games do this, but may require some effort to program.

Been requested....well a lot actually. The main reason why the game actually doesn't plan on adding that is due to the fact they don't have an separate entity such as a CDN to be able to let users download new client versions without an issue.

Well.... from my common knowledge actually. Not sure if it's still the same now as a client updater would be nice then keep downloading from other sources.