EV's and IV'S

Shay3100

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Pokemon is better stat you can determine via Pokemon IV and Pokemon's Nature.

First how nature and ivs matter for a pokemon.

IVs - IV range is 1-31, each iv point adds 1 stat point at lvl 100

Nature -Nature gives +10% boost to a stat to a stat and -10% to other(on pokemon description page the stat in green is + and stat in red is -), if a pokemon has 300 points in a stat, with 31 ivs and neutral nature, with +stat it will get 30 extra stat points, making it 330,pokemons with high base stat get even better boost in stat with benificial nature.

I will take example of a Staraptor for this one.

Nature - Bad(bad nature for Staraptor are -att and -speed, including - timid and brave)

IVs-

(only att and speed for Staraptor,other ivs dont matter, except hp, hp needs to be 20+ for all pokemons)

0-10 -fail

10-20 -very bad

20-29 -not good

30-31 -so-so

Nature - Neutral(natures which are -sp att are also considered neutral for Staraptor, bcoz Staraptor is physical and dont need sp att)

IVs-

0-10 -very bad

10-20 -not good

20-29 -so-so

30-31 -not bad

Nature - Good(+att and +speed for Staraptor, except timid and brave)

IVs-

0-10 -so-so

10-20 -not bad

20-25 -nice catch

25-30 -great

30-31 -epic

if 1 iv is epic and other is great with good nature-

if +nature -epic - pokemon is epic(if Staraptor +att nature and got 31 att ivs and 25+ speed ivs its epic att Staraptor , if Staraptor +speed nature and got 31 speed ivs and 25+ att ivs its epic speed Staraptor)

if +nature -great -pokemon is great(if Staraptor +speed nature and got 31 att ivs and 25+ speed ivs its great att Staraptor , if Staraptor +att nature and got 31 speed ivs and 25+ att ivs its epic att Staraptor)

if good nature - all ivs 20+(great/epic - speed and attack)-- very great

if good nature - all ivs 30+ - Best

IV --- Come along with the Pokemon when u get

EV --- You need to train your Pokemon in order to gain the EV points (different location/places give you different +++ EV points)

===> You c your Pokemon IV and Nature, you will know which 1 is good or not worth to train it

33523 IV --- Come along with the Pokemon when u get

EV --- You need to train your Pokemon in order to gain the EV points (different location/places give you different +++ EV points)

===> You c your Pokemon IV and Nature, you will know which 1 is good or not worth to train it

how do i know which EV is the best for my pokemon?

Big thanks to Auras for that sig!

20hrbfa.png

Basically you have to know the strength and weaknesses of your Pokemon. Every nature increases one stat and decreases another (except for certain natures which increase AND decrease the same stat, so they have no effect). Nature is very important.

A Poke with 1 IV on speed, but being boosted by a nature that improves speed is faster than a Poke with 31 IV Speed but without a nature boost.

What really decides what natures you're looking for is usually based on the attack type of the Poke. Psychic and Ghost types for example use almost exclusively special attacks, so the power of their hits are based on their SPATK stat. As they don't use physical attacks, they don't need their ATK stat at all, so a Modest nature is excellent for them, becasue it increases SATK (which the Poke uses), and decreases ATK (which the Poke doesn't use at all).

There are other factors however. For example your Poke may have great attacking skills, but it is considered a slow Pokemon, like Snorlax. In this case you may consider a nature which increases speed, rather than ATK, because Snorlax will have awesome ATK stats, even if its ATK IV isn't boosted by its nature.

All in all, every Pokemon has 1-3 natures that can be very useful in battle. It depends on its base stats (how fast/strong/durable that species is in general), its moveset (does it use physical, special, or status moves), and the strategy you want to use it (booster for others, a tank that can tear down everything, a swift attacker that will faint after two hits but one-hits everything). Most of the Pokemon have more than one way to be used, so it's up to you to find a role for them in your team, and you choose the appropriate nature accordingly.

google - smogon <pokemon> xy and u will know which ev to train that pokemon in.

EIsrSi5.png

33522 Which Pokemon is better stat you can determine via Pokemon IV and Pokemon's Nature.

First how nature and ivs matter for a pokemon.

IVs - IV range is 1-31, each iv point adds 1 stat point at lvl 100

Nature -Nature gives +10% boost to a stat to a stat and -10% to other(on pokemon description page the stat in green is + and stat in red is -), if a pokemon has 300 points in a stat, with 31 ivs and neutral nature, with +stat it will get 30 extra stat points, making it 330,pokemons with high base stat get even better boost in stat with benificial nature.

I will take example of a Staraptor for this one.

Nature - Bad(bad nature for Staraptor are -att and -speed, including - timid and brave)

IVs-

(only att and speed for Staraptor,other ivs dont matter, except hp, hp needs to be 20+ for all pokemons)

0-10 -fail

10-20 -very bad

20-29 -not good

30-31 -so-so

Nature - Neutral(natures which are -sp att are also considered neutral for Staraptor, bcoz Staraptor is physical and dont need sp att)

IVs-

0-10 -very bad

10-20 -not good

20-29 -so-so

30-31 -not bad

Nature - Good(+att and +speed for Staraptor, except timid and brave)

IVs-

0-10 -so-so

10-20 -not bad

20-25 -nice catch

25-30 -great

30-31 -epic

if 1 iv is epic and other is great with good nature-

if +nature -epic - pokemon is epic(if Staraptor +att nature and got 31 att ivs and 25+ speed ivs its epic att Staraptor , if Staraptor +speed nature and got 31 speed ivs and 25+ att ivs its epic speed Staraptor)

if +nature -great -pokemon is great(if Staraptor +speed nature and got 31 att ivs and 25+ speed ivs its great att Staraptor , if Staraptor +att nature and got 31 speed ivs and 25+ att ivs its epic att Staraptor)

if good nature - all ivs 20+(great/epic - speed and attack)-- very great

if good nature - all ivs 30+ - Best

isnt that the guide i made :D:

EIsrSi5.png

google - smogon <pokemon> xy and u will know which ev to train that pokemon in.

https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/pidgey/

i dont see where i can tell which EV to train.

Big thanks to Auras for that sig!

20hrbfa.png