Need experienced PvP-Player advice

Waynetrain999

Hi, i want to start playing pvp. Right now i just have a Gyarados and a Miltank.

What are good Pokemons to add that team?

Should i try to get as many different types as possible?

Should i put a tank or a damage dealer in the first place of the team?

What Items are good for Pokemons to wear in Pvp, which should I give miltank and gyarados?

When i lose a pvp battle ranked, do i lose money or do my pokemons lose happiness or sth else?

What are the rewards for ranked pvp?

looking forward for every answer

228927 Hi, i want to start playing pvp. Right now i just have a Gyarados and a Miltank.

What are good Pokemons to add that team?

There are no specific ones. If u are new to PvP i suggest u start with a balanced team and get some experience out in the fields. This means 1x physical sweeper (your gyara), 1x spatk sweeper, 1x phys. wall (your miltank), 1x spdef wall. For the last 2 slots u might add a spinner and another wall or sweeper, what u like and u think u need for your team.

Should i try to get as many different types as possible?

Well at least dont go all water pokes or smth. xd U need to look for a defensive coverage and u need to take care that 5 of your 6 pokes arent weak to one type.

Same for offensive coverage or u get walled by this kinda stall-meta in pro. xd

Should i put a tank or a damage dealer in the first place of the team?

Tbh, both can work. xd In pro u dont see enemy team before the match so u cant decide whats best start like in showdown or wifi-battles.

What Items are good for Pokemons to wear in Pvp, which should I give miltank and gyarados?

Most pvp-items like choice/items/orbs arent working. Same goes for expert belt. So leftovers defintly on miltank. Even on gyara leftis arent bad atm, but u can use smth like mystic water to boost a specific attack for him like aqua tail.

When i lose a pvp battle ranked, do i lose money or do my pokemons lose happiness or sth else?

No worries u dont lose money, neither u lose happiness.:) Nth to worry about! Just find a match and gain some experience. :)

What are the rewards for ranked pvp?

Atm PvP-clothes for each of the Top25 in ranked-ladder at the end of season. But they are working on a revamp of the pvp-system/rewarding-system, maybe already happens next season.

looking forward for every answer

Im for sure not the most experienced but maybe the only one who gonna answer u. xd

Yw.

To start playing PvP, first you need to start building your team.

I'll share with you some experience in PvP Team Building. From my opinion, there're 2 ways to build a team using your imagination:

1. Counter all the situations (or most of them) you think that may happen and difficult to deal with:

- Set up user (Dragon dance, Sword dance, Nasty Plot,...): you may need a Haze move in your team

- Stall team: I usually use set up to deal with them

- Weather team: if you see a Polioted with Dizzle or a Ninetales with Drought or a Sand Stream pokemons appear first, it probably a rain/sun/sand team is coming..

- Entry hazard team: your foe with try to set up entry hazard (toxic spikes, stealth rock, spikes,...) then use Roar/Whirlwind/Dragon Tail over and over again.

- Priority user: predict priority move, Gale wings, Prankster

- Some pokemon you will meet regularly, think about your solutions when you meet them: Blissey, Slowbro, Azumarill, Scizor, Breloom, Tyranitar, Sableye, Gothitelle, Dragonite, Garchomp, Machamp, Arcanine, Cloyster, Skarmory, Milotic, Donphan, Talonflame...

2. Create your own strategy: This way think about how will you mix your team, to drive your foe into a situation they can't or barely find the solution. :Grin:

Have fun PvP!

Okay, thanks for your answers. I tried out PvP and it went extremely terrible... I ended up with 4 wins and 27 losses. I have absolutely no clue which Pokemon i should use first, it seems wrong everytime (tried to use nearly every Pokemon first: Breloom, Gyarados, Miltank, Goodra, Weavile). Also it seems that every player uses the hazards you spoke of - galvantula with the speed reducing, or other pokemons with that poison or rock dmg. I decided to change my team, and it consists now of:

- Breloom

- Gyarados

- Weavile

As a fire pokemon i try to get Talonflame. Now the last 2 spots i have no idea what I should take - any suggestions? Which entry hazard fits the current team and which Pokemon should i get for it or which should i teach it?

Weavile knows attack "beat up", but i experienced it to be way weaker than night slash (it knows beat up, night slash, ice punch, ice shard) - how can i substitute it?

When should i use dragons dance with gyarados? whenever i use it, its dead before it can use a attack or just gets out 1x dragon dance and 1 attack after.

No worries man, u get better with more experience. Just keep trying to get better and think about what u could have done better in each match.

As i said in my first post, to get used to most kinda pokemon, u should go for a balanced team.

This means 1x physical sweeper (your gyara), 1x spatk sweeper, 1x phys. wall (your miltank), 1x spdef wall. For the last 2 slots u might add a spinner and another wall or sweeper, what u like and u think u need for your team.

So what u wanna have is:

Breeloom, Gyarados, Weavile, Talonflame and if u play the classic sets u easily get outclassed by other teams since u just have physical attack sweeper. xd Thats fun, i agree!, but not balanced. ;)

Since you are annoyed by a lot of hazards and dont have own hazard support i suggest to add:

physical wall(hp/def) or tank(hp/atk) with donphan: Rapid spin + Stealth Rock access

spdef wall calm tentacruel (bold with def investments works too): Rapid Spin + Toxic spikes access + can soak of toxic spikes by switch in like every other poison poke.

physical wall Skarmoy: Stealth Rock + Spikes access + Whirlwind (if opponent sets up a few swords dance and u just dont know what to do u just whirlwind him out)

Ofc there are a lot other options but these just have come to my mind.:)

Also i suggest u to add a heal bell/wish(softboiled/roost) support.

Helps vs teams who constantly try to toxic, burn, para u! They are most of the time spdef walls (your goodra doesnt have heal bell acess afaik)

Classic examples are blissey, umbreon, florges, togekiss, clefable and so on.

As a fire pokemon i try to get Talonflame. Now the last 2 spots i have no idea what I should take - any suggestions? Which entry hazard fits the current team and which Pokemon should i get for it or which should i teach it?

As i said dont run 4 physical attackers. If u really want talon and put others out u NEED a rapid spinner/defogger in your team. And u shoul have gale wings on your talon to be most effective whats not easily to get.

Weavile knows attack "beat up", but i experienced it to be way weaker than night slash (it knows beat up, night slash, ice punch, ice shard) - how can i substitute it?

Yeah i highly doubt that beat up works properly in PRO, put that out. xd

A possible set can be KnockOff/IcePunch/BrickBreak/SwordsDance. Night Slash and Ice shard are also good options and can come in handy.

When should i use dragons dance with gyarados? whenever i use it, its dead before it can use a attack or just gets out 1x dragon dance and 1 attack after.

Experience and predictions can let u get a dragondance off. Its never a good idea (in my opinion) to get a set up to early in the game cause u dont know the opponent pokemons and switch ins at the begin. So in best case u dd and he switches out in a counter and u are forced to switch out too or u lose your gyara in 1 turn in worst case.

There are many options to get a dd off. Opponent sleeps, you cant get 1hkod by rest of the team so u can freely dd etc pp.

I suggest u run Taunt/DD and then 2 attacks out of EQ/Crunch/Aquatail.

Taunt is a good move against enemy walls. Most opponents are still suprised of a taunt. So letz say u face a Wall and predict he is about to lay down stealth rocks or another status move. U taunt him, he is crippled. Next turn he has to switch out u can get a free dd off without any regrets and can hit it hard in the next turn.;)

Well as i said with experience u get a better feeling off when to dd and when to just simply attack. :)