Ranked PvP is a Joke

Tempei

Guest LiquidSnakeK

I'm pretty sure ranked pvp is intended to be an end game feature as many people have already mentioned. So ofc going into pvp with a lvl 54 ratticate is going to get you owned lol Anything below lvl 100 and not fine tuned specifically for pvp will just end up in a loss. Grind up, buckle down, and you'll get there :Cool:

It's really not hard to level pokemon to 100. Just beat johto and unlock the right areas. Besides, doing pvp right after Kanto is a terrible idea because you will have such a limited pool of pokemon to choose from, and available move tutors and tms. It's definitely worth it to finish johto and unlock cerulean cave before you do pvp.

230314 Why must i have to go into a different region to go train, why can't i just train in one region and do pvp. Sometimes i want to take a break from grinding and do pvp but as it is now ranked pvp is when you beat the whole game.If you allow access to ranked battle with just the first region there will be a bunch of variety in battles and more competition.In the real game there were 2 brackets of battles, lvl 50s and lvl 100s i don't see why this game can't have both.I also don't want to be spoon fed, i also dont want to go insane either grinding on lvl 42 pokemon in kanto just to get to lvl 100.I'm still willing to catch pokemon and train them to level 50.A boost in pvp competition also boosts the economy which demands for held items and certain pokemon, i don't see anything wrong with my suggestion.

Ranked PvP is, as thor said is post-game feature ( end game). Clearing a region will be more beneficial for you as well, considering that you'll have access to more pokemon. Also considering the fact you can do PvP without entering ranked, so you might want to consider having mock battles with your friends. Other than that, having random pokemons (level variety) in ranked PvP will create more unequal terms in the long run.

It shouldn't be an end game feature, it encourages more players if they can do ranked pvp when they get their 8th badge in kanto your point about unequal is negated since all pokemon will be set to lvl 50.Having ranked pvp early encourages players to explore the whole game rather then stop in kanto and get disenfranchised by the high level cap required to join and move on to a different game.The end game goal should be having multiple pokemon to work around with your team and better spots to train;instead we have end game content only available to those who have access to the macho brace, new exp training spots and such.

Any pokemon pvp worth playing has always been at level 100. I would rather them have tiers like smogon does to split up op pokemon to create several metagames for people.

FYI it took me a day in a half of playing to farm a good magikarp, ev train all stats without a macho brace, and get it to level 100. Really doesnt take as long as your making it seem.