I'd like the game to be hard but the grind is way too much.

Cynthetik

I understand you not wanting everyone to have Mew or any other legendary poke but lets just be honest......everything you have to do to get Mew is a little overboard. Make me have to beat like 6 of the best trainers and maybe get through a few mazes without healing my pokes or something that relies more on the SKILL of the player.I have been playing pokemon games since their inception ( RED/BLUE) and I always found it quite comical when people thought or assumed the purpose of the pokemon games were to catch EVERY poke or attempt to. I understand that this isn't a traditional poke game but that doesn't mean it has to demand you to catch/evolve a certain amount of pokemon to complete an objective. I just wish certain things in PRO was more suited for the SKILL of a player than how much time the player can invest. Catching 200 plus pokemon that ill NEVER use just bores me. With that being said this is still a very good game and I enjoy it. There isn't anything better than this but it does have a lot of room for improvement.

Other than the evolution requirement I actually thought the requirements for Mew were very fitting. Seeing as filling the pokédex is one of the main things to do in a standard pokémon game, with your reward for catching all the Kanto pokémon is getting the opportunity to catch the iconic Kanto legendary. It's not like many people would want to use Mew in competitive anyway as the chances of getting a decent Mew (random IVs, random nature) are so slim it's not worth the effort in that regard.

This is where I disagree. How could filling the pokedex been one of the main things to do in the standard pokemon games when IF you had no friends or lived in a rural area you had to buy both versions of the game to "CATCH THEM ALL" and then you would essentially need an extra game boy/ds to trade between the two.Like I said in my previous post I always found it comical when people played the standard pokemon games like it was the TV series. There was no reward or benefit from having all the pokemon in GEN 1 if I remember correctly.....now with that being said I do remember there being requirements for you to get certain items for example I think in order to get EXP SHARE you had to have a certain amount of pokemon but it wasn't something that was absurd and to be honest EXP SHARE wasn't all that great to begin with.

I do understand where you are coming from when you mention about catching all kanto pokemon in order to see mew or whatever but again is it really necessary?? Id rather have an absurd amount of battles thrown at me with some of the strongest pokemon in the universe, a deep dark cave, have a certain amount of badges,have my pokemon be a certain type of level just to make it through THAN having to literally go and catch 100 plus pokemon I'm NEVER gonna use. You literally have to do that now just to find competitive pokes for PVP (which im fine with) but having to go and catch EVERY pokemon in a certain region is just a little too much IMO.

This is where I disagree. How could filling the pokedex been one of the main things to do in the standard pokemon games when IF you had no friends or lived in a rural area you had to buy both versions of the game to "CATCH THEM ALL" and then you would essentially need an extra game boy/ds to trade between the two.Like I said in my previous post I always found it comical when people played the standard pokemon games like it was the TV series. There was no reward or benefit from having all the pokemon in GEN 1 if I remember correctly.....now with that being said I do remember there being requirements for you to get certain items for example I think in order to get EXP SHARE you had to have a certain amount of pokemon but it wasn't something that was absurd and to be honest EXP SHARE wasn't all that great to begin with.

I do understand where you are coming from when you mention about catching all kanto pokemon in order to see mew or whatever but again is it really necessary?? Id rather have an absurd amount of battles thrown at me with some of the strongest pokemon in the universe, a deep dark cave, have a certain amount of badges,have my pokemon be a certain type of level just to make it through THAN having to literally go and catch 100 plus pokemon I'm NEVER gonna use. You literally have to do that now just to find competitive pokes for PVP (which im fine with) but having to go and catch EVERY pokemon in a certain region is just a little too much IMO.

Though again, I'd assume Mew is there more for completionist's sake; The reason why you'd want to fill the pokédex in the first place.

Though again, I'd assume Mew is there more for completionist's sake; The reason why you'd want to fill the pokédex in the first place.

Yea I agree I think that's why mew is there but it sort of punishes those who aren't " completionists" but would really like to have mew. I would like to have my skill tested than have to do some chore to get a pokemon I really like. The time it would take to get every kanto pokemon I could prolly beat every region (kanto,johto,hoenn) at least twice...all badges,all elite four included.

- I went from 15 evolutions to 51 in just a couple of hours. It's really not that hard to evolve your pokemon taken that 1/5 of the kanto pokemon evolve with stones...

- You can always release pokemon that you don't need in your team or sell them.

- Spending time on something you're enjoying cannot be possibly called time-consuming.

Anything else? :)

Check my Mall!

239459 - I went from 15 evolutions to 51 in just a couple of hours. It's really not that hard to evolve your pokemon taken that 1/5 of the kanto pokemon evolve with stones...

- Spending time on something you're enjoying cannot be possibly called time-consuming.

- I'm mentioning the evolution requirement as it feels like it was placed there for the sake of being there instead of there being a real reason.

-This point wasn't aimed at me. Moving on..

-Yet there is a difference between spending time on something you enjoy and spending time on something you really don't enjoy because it happens to be the blockade of something you may.

239459 - I went from 15 evolutions to 51 in just a couple of hours. It's really not that hard to evolve your pokemon taken that 1/5 of the kanto pokemon evolve with stones...

- I'm mentioning the evolution requirement as it feels like it was placed there for the sake of being there instead of there being a real reason.

-This point wasn't aimed at me. Moving on..

-Yet there is a difference between spending time on something you enjoy and spending time on something you really don't enjoy because it happens to be the blockade of something you may.

Yeah i know the whole post wasn't aimed at you i didn't notice there were tons of new posts i should've quoted the original person but yeah...

If you're not really enjoying the game i guess you could spend less time until you crave it more, so u will just keep coming back. What i do is go hard on it and when im bored i just log off for a couple of hours till im ready to get back on the grind. I'm not really a competitive player at this stage but im happy with any progress i've made.

Check my Mall!

again....whether u can release them or not you still have to catch 100 plus pokemon you will never use....there is no way around it no matter how many times you try to sugarcoat it...but you can stop trying unless you want to keep digging yourself in a hole. Ill gladly watch you.

Reading must not be your strong suit. I enjoy the game but not that particular PART of the game therefore THAT is time consuming IMO. Again you can try and sugarcoat it any which way you want to.....Ill gladly watch you.