Ash's hat

Cr3ss

So I started with pikachu and lost against Ash in Viridian Forest. Can I still get his hat even if I lost? On another topic, do you miss anything important if you lose to your rival or one time NPCs?

Thx

237170 So I started with pikachu and lost against Ash in Viridian Forest. Can I still get his hat even if I lost? On another topic, do you miss anything important if you lose to your rival or one time NPCs?

Thx

Try heading over to Route 9 and seeing if the Ash Ketchum NPC appears there anyway. If not, wait a few days, and I believe the Ash NPC at Viridian Forest should respawn. You won't miss out on anything if you lose to one-time NPCs, like the battles with Red before Mt. Silver.

PIquvgo.png

RulesTerms & ConditionsPunishment PolicyPrivacy PolicyFAQ

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.

A while back my friend told me an NPC somewhere sells it to trainers without Pikachu as their starter; yet to confirm it myself.

Though I acquired it shortly after it's implementation, I do not really ever wear it.. Should it ever become trade-able, PM for it, for free.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life

238482 A while back my friend told me an NPC somewhere sells it to trainers without Pikachu as their starter; yet to confirm it myself.

Though I acquired it shortly after it's implementation, I do not really ever wear it.. Should it ever become trade-able, PM for it, for free.

Nope, the hat is unobtainable if you didn't select Pikachu as your starter. Your friend was likely referring to an NPC at Ecruteak City that sells a Red Cap - the Red Cap looks somewhat visually similar to the Ash Hat, but isn't the same item.

PIquvgo.png

RulesTerms & ConditionsPunishment PolicyPrivacy PolicyFAQ

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.