Surf on Johto

Leaw

Hello everyone!

I just arrived to johto, i teached cut to my chikorita, and it works fot cutting threes.

I also teached Surf to my tentacool (lv 11) but i cannot use that for surfing. Is that right? If u try to use it message ios shown properly, but when i click yes nothing happens.

Is there a prerequisite to use surf? Or is just a bug in my game?

Thank you!

237964 Hello everyone!

I just arrived to johto, i teached cut to my chikorita, and it works fot cutting threes.

I also teached Surf to my tentacool (lv 11) but i cannot use that for surfing. Is that right? If u try to use it message ios shown properly, but when i click yes nothing happens.

Thank you!

Hi,

You'll need to defeat the 4th gym to be able to use Surf outside of battle ;)

It should display a message in your chat when you try to use it without that badge

Hello everyone!

Thank you!

There's no bug, the game is working as intended. As other users have pointed out, you'll need the appropriate badge in each region to use HMs like Cut/Surf/etc outside of battle.

Topic moved to proper forum.

PIquvgo.png

RulesTerms & ConditionsPunishment PolicyPrivacy PolicyFAQ

Do not contact staff members for private support.

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper forum.