Ability Capsule - Hear me out.

Zulkir

As there's no breeding, and grinding for pokemon with very good ivs is the only way to get strong pokemon, I'd like to suggest the implementation of the Ability Capsule item.

In gen 6 it's used to swap one non-HA ability for another on a pokemon. It's 1-use and very expensive.

I'd suggest making it 1 per account from a late-game quest, rather than buyable, as this would limit it significantly and it would be a hugely valuable item. Perhaps a story chain quest could be implemented about a scientist researching why certain pokemon have certain abilities, and his quest to change that.

It would also provide a way for people to use pokemon that rolled amazing ivs, but the wrong ability, as seeing something like that can be hugely frustrating at the end of a long grind, however knowing there's a way to turn that pokemon into something amazing - albeit with a huge opportunity cost - would be a huge salve to that sense of frustration, but it would still be a very serious decision if it were 1 per account.

I am not up for this whole idea but it sounds tempting....

1 per account with endgame requirements makes it look hard

but Its just an IF..if some1 found a shiny pokemon(rare + tier) with godly ivs but bad nature and had the ability to change its nature.

then it will hurt the market imo.

And with thousands of users (more to come) it wouldnt be surprising to see those shinies or epic pokes.

So -1 frm me .

36222 IF..if some1 found a shiny pokemon(rare + tier) with godly ivs but bad nature and had the ability to change its nature.

then it will hurt the market imo.

I don't really see how it hurts the market. With how accessible cash is at the moment from grinding dragon cave, the only thing that will happen if someone finds an amazing shiny (odds on that are in the 1/40,000,000+ range, assuming use of a synch poke) is that it will redistribute the money in the market. As it stands the prices for really good pokemon are only going to climb dramatically as it's far, far easier to get money than to get really well rolled pokemon.

And with 1400 users non-stop catching 180 pokemon an hour (about as fast as it's possible to catch pokemon), that's 252000 pokemon an hour or 6 million a day. There is a 65% chance of one of these pokemon showing up after an entire week of this. There is a 98.5% chance of a single pokemon showing up after a month of this. If people play on average for 4 hours a day (probably higher than the average number) then that means there is one of these pokemon per 8.4k users. And I'm being incredibly generous with all my numbers here, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual likelihood was a tenth of that of that due to people mostly not farming nonstop and not catching every pokemon they see.

Tl;DR The occurrence of the event you're talking about, while likely to eventually happen (probably once or twice inside a year), will have 0 effect on the market.