If you could change the interface

Sage

I would make the battle screen a little smaller (at least in the right side, the part with fight poke etc), I usually play with 800x600 resolution and I'm able to click only on the first 3 poke in my party.

Also add a link to the forum under the log out option.

JaBDWSe.png

Another nice thing would be adding a lot of new shortcuts. The way to do that could be adding a DAO style's shortcuts bar, where you can drag the shortcut bar and make it long as you wish. 5, 10, 15, 20 slot, you choose. So the "base" could be 5+arrow icon, then is up to you. Well, I don't even know if it's possible to do that, I'm just doing a suggestion.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be really nice if we can rename the boxes in the storage. Also wen can drag and drop pokemon between the boxes a way easier then now. And that i can put pokemon f.e. in the 2nd box even if the 1st is not full. Would make the hole thing a way easier to order them.

Help me to finish my pokedex on red server! Im in search of: Tepig- Blitzle - Mienfoo - Furfrou

Most of the ideas that I've thought of over the ~month I've been playing have already been said on here. But I'll quote them to emphasise my interest.

250421Add a Button to the forums.

It'd be very useful for newer players needing to gather info.

250425 I'd love a button for the pvp rules.

This should be mandatory. Because most people assume the ranked ladder is based off of Smogon's OU rules people tend to ignore/not even know the extra ones. It should definitely be next to the "Find match" button; maybe even have a requirement to read the rules before you're even allowed to search.

250733 - Ability to link a personal shop in trade chat for auctions

Instead of this, I'd rather have a marketplace/auction house map where players can either create their own stalls for selling pokémon or a place to auction their pokémon off in a convenient manner. Maybe even have a wishlist feature as well so you can get notifications whenever a pokémon you want is being sold/auctioned.

250733 - Ability to swap pokemons between PC boxes

^ THIS. If you ever plan on doing anything outside of random catching this is so, so useful. Being unable to sort my 'mons makes things such as sorting out pvp pokémon and trading a real hassle. It shouldn't take up much server space either if you just assigned the pokémon by it's ID and a X,Y co-ordinate (So the first pokémon in box 1 would be 1,1 and the first in box 2 would be 4,1.)

2515473. Larger PC boxes so you can view more pokemon at a time, even if that means less boxes overall.

4. Customizeable chat tabs, such as creating new tabs and choosing what channel goes into that tab. Main reason for this is the 'Local' tab is the only one that records the local chat, but it also includes every single other channel so it gets flooded.

5. Include the moves and EVs of a pokemon when linked to other players.

3. I reckon it would help if the size were doubled (make each box a 5x6/6x5 grid; doubling each box's size.)

4. Local chat really is too cluttered. Right now there's no way I can tell if someone has said something as within a couple seconds it's drowned out by every other local chat group.

5. It should definitely be there especially if you want people to take the ranked ladder seriously. Maybe for less clutter you can have a 'basic' overview and a drop-down menu for more 'advanced' stats such as IVs and EVs,

254753 Maybe have it so that if you click a route on the map it opens up the pokemon tracker with the route' pokemon on it. Would be great for certain areas since the search bar in the tracker has to be exact spelling. Also add an arrow in the tracker if the area has multiple parts, like dragons den, for easy navigation.

I've always wanted this. One other thing that could be added is it's rarity in said area. Seeing as the information is already here on the forums I see no reason as to why it can't also be in the game.

Anyway, onto suggestions that have not been mentioned in the thread:

• 1. A "/faq" command. The amount of times I've seen people ask questions such as "how to I get the bike?" and "where do I get Flash?" is just so many it simply begs for a simpler solution.

2. A "/find PlayerName" command. We can already do this to ourselves with the use of "/loc", why can't we do it to other players? Of course you would have an option in the menu to prevent players from using the command on you (just like battle requests) and by setting yourself as offline it would make the command act as if you were offline as well.

3. An in-game report button in the same menu as the friend/trade/battle/ect menu. If you're minding you own business and you notice something suspicious, or a player is getting a little to rowdy in a chat room you can easily notify a mod/admin about the issue and let them deal with the problem quickly.

4. An option to purchase more than just 100 coins in the coins shop. It gets a bit annoying having to constantly get the coins in a such a small amount every time and for those who don't have their information saved to PayPal.. I feel sorry for you.

5. Adding the "/friend PlayerName" command to the social tab. I didn't even know this command existed until I beat Hoenn so I kept going back to Pallet Town every time a friend of mine started playing.

6. Allowing capitalisation in chat rooms. I understand why it was disabled yet it bugs me so much not being able to do so in the public chat rooms. Why not instead just have an auto-kick/mute for players who use caps a little bit too much (So something like "WTS Bold Blissey for 200K!" would be fine whereas "WTS BOLD BLISSEY 200K!" would trigger the auto-kick/mute.)

7. A revamp of the chat tabs. Maybe have only "Local", "All" and "Other" show when you login yet add a button that allows you to see other public chat rooms such as "Battle", "Trade", and the different language rooms.

8. More public chat rooms. It seems rooms such as a room to rate pokémon would be useful. Especially since the topic leaks into every other public chat room.

9. Hiding the IVs and EVs of a pokémon until they've beaten the Kanto Elite 4. They really aren't needed for the story and too many new players stress over silly things such as their Bulbasaur having only 10 IVs in HP. Those who don't know about IVs/EVs get confused even further.

10. Changing the icon for when it's morning. it looks too similar to the daytime icon so for those who don't know the exact times it could be confusing.

11. Stop visualising all the battle information as once. It kind of kills the fun a bit if I can already tell if I've caught a pokémon or I've fainted the opponent as they show instantly, before the action has even happened. Any reason as to why it can't be like it is with dealing damage? Even multi-hit attacks don't show all the info at once.

That's all I can think of for now.

Black/White bag system:

With sorting(by type of items. Ex: damage-enchancing items, evo items, status-curing berries, ev-reducing berries and such);

A separate bag for berries;

And maybe a empty bag that we could mark items so that they would be stored there for a more convenient way to search for items like repels, ev-reducing berries.

Like another player suggested: I would love to see a better box as well, so we could move pokemons between them and mark them for sorting purposes. A lock system to prevent pokes from being released when marked and maybe a trash system that remembers the last 10 pokes we released. Now this would be a live-saver.

A blacklist would be better than the ignore command we have atm, as most of us want them to remain ignored even when relloging until we take them off the list.

A pvp chat-log like the one in Pokemon Showdown: Sometimes the information fades so fast we can't even read, this made me lose some battles because it didn't warn about some moxie pokemon (honchkrow) and weather changing abilities/moves that don't show they are still in effect.

• 2 weeks later...
250421 If you could change the interface of PRO.

What would you change?

I've heard add a button to the Game Guides.

Add a Button to the forums.

Add a button to the rules.

And adding more keyboard shortcuts.

Tell me what you think.

Screenshots with drawings to show where you add something helps as well

I'm linking here a complete post on what could be good talking about interface changes : https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46066

The post is structured, organized and daily updated (as soon as I see a good suggestion) so this may interest you :D

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]