Is finding a scyther hard?

Majinomie

Hello,

So Scizor is my favorite Pokemon and I'm really hoping to catch a scyther so I can evolve it. I see that is only in Safari Area 1 and was wondering how hard is it to encounter a scyther in the grass? Is it roughly the same as encountering a starter (not clone version) during the event? Because it took me around 1-2 hours just to find a regular starter. I hear the Kanto Safari also takes 5k per 20 minutes so I really don't want to waste a lot of money if it really takes hours to find one.

Also, is scyther an exclusive for members only or can non-members find one too?

Thanks!

It's all about luck. Keep at it and you'll find one for sure. Scythers are scarse, so you won't find them regurarily.

Members and nonmembers can find them in Safari 1. To my knowledge it is easier to find a scyther than a cloned starter. (i looked for squirtles in safari 1 and found 4-5 scythers for 1 squirtle)

Happy hunting! :y:

Members and nonmembers can find them in Safari 1.

This statement seems wrong. According to Pokedex the only map Scyther can be found is Safari Exclusives (Member only area).

I'd say that if your looking for scyther in Safari 1, your wasting 5k and 20 minutes of your time.

/edit

I farmed Scythers for 4 evenings (30ish hours) in Safari Exclusive. I found 1 Scyther in avg in 20 minutes. One time I paid 35k to see none. Another time 5k for 3. So it really depends on your luck.

This statement seems wrong. According to Pokedex the only map Scyther can be found is Safari Exclusives (Member only area).

I'd say that if your looking for scyther in Safari 1, your wasting 5k and 20 minutes of your time.

It could be that they changed this OR its a bug (I have heard safari sometimes experiences hiccups in terms of pokémon spawns). Seems this changed over the last week then, as some days ago i was finding scythers regurarly.

It could be that they changed this OR its a bug (I have heard safari sometimes experiences hiccups in terms of pokémon spawns). Seems this changed over the last week then, as some days ago i was finding scythers regurarly.

Oh, now I'm a little confused lol. So are you saying you found scythers in safari area 1 recently after this change or before it?

Oh, now I'm a little confused lol. So are you saying you found scythers in safari area 1 recently after this change or before it?

I feel that it got changed hearing from multiple sources.(around a week ago i think) For safari 1.

252170 ive caught a bunch of scythers in safari 1..

Can you confirm when you found one in safari area 1? I just checked my pokedex in game and it says scyther is a safari exclusive only with the purple membership text color. The poke spawn map thing also doesn't show scyther in safari area 1.

252011 Hello,

So Scizor is my favorite Pokemon and I'm really hoping to catch a scyther so I can evolve it. I see that is only in Safari Area 1 and was wondering how hard is it to encounter a scyther in the grass? Is it roughly the same as encountering a starter (not clone version) during the event? Because it took me around 1-2 hours just to find a regular starter. I hear the Kanto Safari also takes 5k per 20 minutes so I really don't want to waste a lot of money if it really takes hours to find one.

Also, is scyther an exclusive for members only or can non-members find one too?

Thanks!

Hoi, u are right atm scyther is just in safari exclusive according to dex. And thats what it is atm. :)

But im sure this cant be right and this will be fixed.

This has already happened shortly before clones got implemented and after clones were removed it seems to happen again.

Since Scyther is a Gen 1 pokemon this has to be available for Non-MS-Members. MS is literally just a little xp/money boost, access to some special Maps (like safari exclusive) and early access to pokes which arent native to Kanto/Johto/Hoenn. So i can assure u this is a Bug and just need a fix. Then u can hunt your scythers again. ;) Just be a bit patient.