h.a. Gothielle needs to be revised

Dohko

I was never against the use of this poke in pvp and still remain firm in my position. I understand that the initial use of this poke was to counter the increasing use of h.a. slowbros at the time. However the use of h.a. gothielle has quickly shifted to a direct abuse of this pokemon's hidden ability. So far all of the ones I've faced as of recent use the calm mind + rest moves to boost 6 times and remain overpowered after taking down its prey. This would be no problem if certain abilities, moves, and items where working or introduced but that is not the case. There is a difference between a good fought battle and one in which one just waits to abuse a pokemon and expects to win with it.

I ask staff to reconsider the current use of the pokemon and make it so that it can't use rest or calm mind to level the playing field. Since this might bring certain issues we can fix that by limiting h.a. slowbro to either use calm mind or slackoff not both since we will expect similar issues. feel free to make any comments.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ban shadow tag or implement a way to display enemy's team before the fight, so you can play around it.

Come on boys, if it's banned in serious games there is a reason. Here we even lack alot of abilities, moves and items to potentially counter it. It's toxic and low risk high reward pokemon to use, has to be taken care of :thanks:

Guest LiquidSnakeK

I think banning Shadow Tag would be a more reasonable solution. Since other pokes that have shadow tag are not nearly as bad considering their move set. (Wobbufet etc)

I don't get it.

Gothithelle can not help you to "win the game". Actually Gothi will mostly only kill 1 pokemon. Maybe two if you are late game and you have nothing to OHKO it. End.

BellyDrum Azu is the very same. Will generally kill 1 pokemon or 2 (or full sweep) before you manage to take it out if you don't have the proper counter). Same goes for weather sweeper, and lots of other pokemons. Why should Gotithelle be banned for? This pokemon remains a cure to the abusive use of stalling here. Don't knock it away. :confused:

It's not like Wobbuffet, where an endless battle is very much possible (and I believe this is mostly why shadow tag was banned in competitions, since Gothithelle arrived after Wobbuffet) - Wobb should be banned in PRO.

4FVP

Hi

It's not 'cause you loose to a particular pokemon that you should ask for it to get banned. Every team has a nemesis, Gothitelle is not an "abuse" as you say but it's just a setup mon, and if you don't want to let it setup and straight up 6-0 your team then find a counter.

Gothitelle isn't breaking the metagame in my opinion, or at least if you consider that it is, then Dragonite, Azu, etc.. should be banned too.

Step back and find a solution to beat it, i'm sure it'll be easy.

Regards.

820KEWG.png

4FVP

Guest LiquidSnakeK

Impossible to find a counter if you have absolutely no idea that they are running a shadow tag goth in their team. Its not like hearthstone where you have the liberty to add a "tech" card into your deck. You can't just add a "tech" poke to your team with the soul purpose of taking on a goth.

Same goes for adjusting your entire team to counter a specific poke. Granted not everyone runs it, but when they do its almost a guaranteed win especially if you don't have tech moves in your pokes movesets.