D/Cing Is A Bannable Offence

Naye

Toxic not only mean verbal or language, it also concern to behaviour and action. The ways you attempt to make hurt to benefits of other players (which block them to get coins that they should got), it also said as Toxic behaviour. It is okay before coin pvp implement, however, it is toxic as hurt to other players (when coin pvp implement). And there are so many topic to know that people not get coins if enemy d/c. So don't say that you don't know about it.

And as above mention, the rule 3 about toxic behavior is totally right at this case.

People leave because they've lost, like you do in every single pvp game, they don't leave because they want to punish the opponent by not giving them a coin. How many coins other players have is completely irrelevant, you think Futz cares how many coins I have? Or how many times people DC on me, absolutely not.

See - https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=43709

Are you suggesting every single person who dc's, 99% of which will be on purpose btw is toxic and should be banned?

Like I said, had it been a stated rule, I would have never left any game, but it's simply not the case, I wasn't doing anything against current rules.

Maybe the GM should have said to me, "Hi! If you continue to DC will we have to ban you," and adjusted the PVP rules, I would have stopped. But instead 5 days for nothing, no warning for breaking non existent rules just a straight ban. I also asked Shane ingame if it were bannable and he said no, too bad I didn't think this would be an issue and didn't screen shot.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

255108 How about instead of ripping each other apart, let's collaborate and try to see if there's any suggestions we could make. If you get points for dcs, why can't you get coins? The dcs still count as a win in your w/l so why not give a coin as well? I feel like that would make all of this abuse not matter.

there is alrd discussion about this, you might want to re-read to see the PRO and CON https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42691

Plz make dc also give coins to opponents, problem solved, everyone happy.

I understand why shane made the mechanic of not giving coin for dc, but seriously, if 2 players intent to "farm" coin via straight win, it might only take them 1mins or 2 per match.

So, my idea is just make things less complicated. Give coin to d.c or/and add a "FORFEIT" button. Ppl have the right to save their time if they are trapped by gothitelle or being toxic stall..

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

Guest LiquidSnakeK
255130 Plz make dc also give coins to opponents, problem solved, everyone happy.

I understand why shane made the mechanic of not giving coin for dc, but seriously, if 2 players intent to "farm" coin via straight win, it might only take them 1mins or 2 per match.

So, my idea is just make things less complicated. Give coin to d.c or/and add a "FORFEIT" button. Ppl have the right to save their time if they are trapped by gothitelle or being toxic stall..

THIS ^^ I agree. Players do indeed have the right.

On the note of rules. Why isnt this "rule" listed here

jHiOqxC.png

255130 Plz make dc also give coins to opponents, problem solved, everyone happy.

Thank you.

It's not toxic behaviour though, if it were a rule, I would never have dcd, but because it's not breaking any rules, I saved myself time and requeued.

If it were a rule people would stop doing it but its not.

Completely out of line.

This is a very weak argument. We're talking about courtesy here. If you are losing and would like to surrender and stop the fight, just message your opponent to get it over with with a 1-minute sweep. At the end your opponent gets the coin and you gain his respect. Principles and high integrity should be the foundation of every rule.

If you want to be on top at least have the audacity to accept defeat because losing is part of every game. We have to deal with professionally and learn from it as much as we can.

That's why you don't understand from the PVP players' point of view. These people abuse these things. There's no honor in it.

Then they should fix it and put an actual leaver penalty in place or at the VERY least announce that it is now bannable. I found out through this thread, like some others have. Instead of just banning people they should have put something in place before ever releasing the pvp rewards. Surely there would have been some foresight that people would just leave upon the realization that they were going to lose.

And since there was already a post from a GM/ADMIN etc stating that if someone leaves there arent coins AWARDED since its not actually a WIN, they should have also known that people would be leaving to spite them. Common courtesy. If they are going to issue bans they should at least feel they need to make the pvp community aware.

This is not perma ban we're talking about. The admins give the necessary punishment for each case depending upon the proof and the severity of the situation. And like most players, I trust their sound judgement. It's case to case basis. This is just bandaid solution for the meantime in order to teach a lesson to people who intentionally abuse (note the word INTENTIONALLY). An actual fix would take time. However, you are right that they need to actually give an official statement that would echo to all servers not just the PvP community about bans, bugs, etc. not just here in the forums but a constant system reminder for example.

255108 How about instead of ripping each other apart, let's collaborate and try to see if there's any suggestions we could make. If you get points for dcs, why can't you get coins? The dcs still count as a win in your w/l so why not give a coin as well? I feel like that would make all of this abuse not matter.

That solution would be easier to abuse. I can ask a number of friends to queue PVP and boost me by disconnecting immediately and vice versa. That would be worse.

But you are right this discussion is about healthy conversation no need to attack one another.

Yay, everyone happy, whatever you win/lose, everyone have coins? So why need coins then? Lmao, you just destroy the purpose for win someone T_T I am salty now. Wait, I am not pvp, mehh no salty then.

About Forfeit button is not wrong, but the idea about win/lose got coins....

It's not toxic behaviour though, if it were a rule, I would never have dcd, but because it's not breaking any rules, I saved myself time and requeued.

If it were a rule people would stop doing it but its not.

Completely out of line.

This is a very weak argument. We're talking about courtesy here. If you are losing and would like to surrender and stop the fight, just message your opponent to get it over with with a 1-minute sweep. At the end your opponent gets the coin and you gain his respect. Principles and high integrity should be the foundation of every rule.

If you want to be on top at least have the audacity to accept defeat because losing is part of every game. We have to deal with professionally and learn from it as much as we can.

That's why you don't understand from the PVP players' point of view. These people abuse these things. There's no honor in it.

Then they should fix it and put an actual leaver penalty in place or at the VERY least announce that it is now bannable. I found out through this thread, like some others have. Instead of just banning people they should have put something in place before ever releasing the pvp rewards. Surely there would have been some foresight that people would just leave upon the realization that they were going to lose.

And since there was already a post from a GM/ADMIN etc stating that if someone leaves there arent coins AWARDED since its not actually a WIN, they should have also known that people would be leaving to spite them. Common courtesy. If they are going to issue bans they should at least feel they need to make the pvp community aware.

This is not perma ban we're talking about. The admins give the necessary punishment for each case depending upon the proof and the severity of the situation. And like most players, I trust their sound judgement. It's case to case basis. This is just bandaid solution for the meantime in order to teach a lesson to people who intentionally abuse (note the word INTENTIONALLY). An actual fix would take time. However, you are right that they need to actually give an official statement that would echo to all servers not just the PvP community about bans, bugs, etc. not just here in the forums but a constant system reminder for example.

That solution would be easier to abuse. I can ask a number of friends to queue PVP and boost me by disconnecting immediately and vice versa. That would be worse.

But you are right this discussion is about healthy conversation no need to attack one another.

I totally agree with this man!

It's not an argument, it's black and white, you either break the rules or you haven't and I played completely within them, no wrong doing at all.

If they want to change them, sure no problem, but banning before then is unjustified as I literally did nothing wrong.

Guest LiquidSnakeK

The player who dc's loses coins. The other doesn't receive a coin if the other dc's in his match. However he still gets rating. The thing to remember is, EVENTUALLY, habitual leavers will be left with no coins, so if they leave matches they don't lose anything, just rating. And if they have left enough matches losing rating would be irrelevant.

So as a proposition, I think it is essential that some other form of punishment be implemented ALONG with the loss of coins. Such as a time ban. So first time leavers receive a 10minute ban, 2nd: a 30 minute, 3rd: an hour, 4th: a day, and so on. Althought I'm not sure how such an automated system would be implemented. If it's not possible to be automated, perhaps it would have to be manually administered.

EDIT: And btw, the OP stated he received a 5 day ban. That is hardly a bandaid fix at all, nor is it not very "serious". Unless ofc its not true. But if it were true, 5 days is far too much for leaving in the middle of a pvp match when such a thing isn't even stated in the official rules.