Why is Shadow Tag not banned?

Clubtropper

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like personally i got no problem with gothielle, cause i feel like no good player needs her and in theory she isnt hard to beat.

my only issue is, if some1 is just wasting time with 6 calm minds and 1000 rests so he can have full hp, thats annoying and i dont want to waste 25 mins for that [edited by Pixiu for profanity. Keep it PG.]

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

Do you know why people hate gothitelle too much?

I'll tell you why.

Cause literally everyone above 100 rating uses the same stallers like ferrothorn/blissey/skarmory/slowbro

so, if you tell them there is a counter for gothitelle they must remove one of them to put the counter.

but that will ruin their teams so they just want it banned so they can spam confuse ray/toxic/leech seed etc to stall like hell

stop being salty about an ability and start using your brain to counter teams.

258346 Do you know why people hate gothitelle too much?

I'll tell you why.

Cause literally everyone above 100 rating uses the same stallers like ferrothorn/blissey/skarmory/slowbro

so, if you tell them there is a counter for gothitelle they must remove one of them to put the counter.

but that will ruin their teams so they just want it banned so they can spam confuse ray/toxic/leech seed etc to stall like hell

so having 1 "stall" ( more like tank) is a crime? like i said i could care less about goth but ppl are trying to bring up stupid arguments lol

i know alot of ppl run stall teams, but you can still beat them without stallers and certainly without goth

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

258346 Do you know why people hate gothitelle too much?

I'll tell you why.

so having 1 "stall" ( more like tank) is a crime? like i said i could care less about goth but ppl are trying to bring up stupid arguments lol

i know alot of ppl run stall teams, but you can still beat them without stallers and certainly without goth

You misunderstood my point

I obviously mean they rull all of them together so if they wanted to add the gothitelle counter they should remove one of the stallers.

I've seen teams with 6 tanks/stallers call them how you want

these teams get rekt by gothitelle or taunt sweepers.

Guest LiquidSnakeK

I obviously mean they rull all of them together so if they wanted to add the gothitelle counter they should remove one of the stallers.

This discussion has been had many a time. However I guess I can just say it again. The problem is, many high level pvp teams require at least ONE form of def wall. Be it spdef or just def in order to wall common offensive types. This is a hard counter to help setup sweeps etc. The issue with Shadow tag is, in the form of a Goth, is that if you try to wall a specifc poke, they can simply swap in Goth and boom goes your ability to defend against sweeps effectively.

So now you're left with either tech pokes or just general sweepers that will come against THEIR walls and you don't have any particular means of getting rid of it in a timely manner. Goth doesn't JUST rek full stall teams, it reks any team that dares to have a non physical attacker/ or a wall IN play.

Nobody is arguing that you can't kill a Goth, its easy to kill, its that there is no COUNTERPLAY prior to it being revealed from your opponent's lineup.

This discussion has been had many a time. However I guess I can just say it again. The problem is, many high level pvp teams require at least ONE form of def wall. Be it spdef or just def in order to wall common offensive types. This is a hard counter to help setup sweeps etc. The issue with Shadow tag is, in the form of a Goth, is that if you try to wall a specifc poke, they can simply swap in Goth and boom goes your ability to defend against sweeps effectively.

So now you're left with either tech pokes or just general sweepers that will come against THEIR walls and you don't have any particular means of getting rid of it in a timely manner. Goth doesn't JUST rek full stall teams, it reks any team that dares to have a non physical attacker/ or a wall IN play.

Nobody is arguing that you can't kill a Goth, its easy to kill, its that there is no COUNTERPLAY prior to it being revealed from your opponent's lineup.

Its so easy to play vs gothitelle really

if you wanna run sp atk sweeper, make sure you have volt switch on it, or TAUNT

taunt reks gothitelle, especially taunt hydreigon. There are always solutions, just people dont wanna ruin their perfect stall teams.

Guest LiquidSnakeK

taunt reks gothitelle, especially taunt hydreigon. There are always solutions, just people dont wanna ruin their perfect stall teams.

You are failing to see what I am trying to convey. NOBODY is saying there isnt a counter to an IN play goth. Goth is easy to counter/kill. The ISSUE is that there is NO COUNTERPLAY if you haven't already seen it/ the opponent hasn't revealed it as part of his team. So if you have a key wall out in play, and he swaps in goth, you have no choice but to sit there and spam a move or two and wait for him to get 6x calm minds and spam rest etc etc etc. The most boring and unskilled play in the game lmao. Its mindless.

If you manage to sweep his team anyways, and all thats left is a gothitelle, its an easy win. Especially if you have the relevant moveset to counter it.

You are failing to see what I am trying to convey. NOBODY is saying there isnt a counter to an IN play goth. Goth is easy to counter/kill. The ISSUE is that there is NO COUNTERPLAY if you haven't already seen it/ the opponent hasn't revealed it as part of his team. So if you have a key wall out in play, and he swaps in goth, you have no choice but to sit there and spam a move or two and wait for him to get 6x calm minds and spam rest etc etc etc. The most boring and unskilled play in the game lmao. Its mindless.

If you manage to sweep his team anyways, and all thats left is a gothitelle, its an easy win. Especially if you have the relevant moveset to counter it.

my only issue, [edited by Pixiu] stop wasting my time.

but overall he is right, you can of course counter goth but mostly after she gets 6 calm minds and 10 mins set up but its still annoying for

1. time purpose

2. if you are running 1 tank only you still get screwed over lol

also the guys i played against with goth were overall bad and were banking on goth going ham which is crazy

4ef1544e56.png

my only issue, fking stop wasting my time.

but overall he is right, you can of course counter goth but mostly after she gets 6 calm minds and 10 mins set up but its still annoying for :

1. time purpose

2. if you are running 1 tank only you still get screwed over lol

also the guys i played against with goth were overall bad and were banking on goth going ham which is crazy

4ef1544e56.png