Pvp Rule? Sleep vs Natural Cure

Dangdung

257299 How does the rule work in this case?

I had my blissey spored and switched her out. Befor I switched her in, another of my Pokemon got spored.

So was that a legit move or illegal?

Technically, it is legal since Blissey's natural cure has been activated the moment she switches out. But your opponent isn't supposed to know what ability your Blissey is running (since Serene grace/Healer on Blissey will break sleep clause) unless you have revealed it.

23CAjUv.gif

[glow=green]Katie Ledecky doesn't break records, she sets them[/glow]

[glow=green]~L'élégance, la science, la violence~[/glow]<i></i>

I had my blissey spored and switched her out. Befor I switched her in, another of my Pokemon got spored.

If its Natural cure like 99% of blisseys in PRO its not illegal but....

Well in other Pokemon-battle simulations u can see this cause u get notifcation in any form of the current status of opponents pokes, even if they switch out. Since thats the case there is no rule-additition in other pokemon-games. In PRO Natural-Cure pokes keep their status-change until they switch-in and as the Natural-Cure opponent u have no idea if its nat cure or not until it switches back in.

I feel its kinda grey area and can be abused by potential natural cure Pokes. (Like "Haha, im using illuminate starmie u fool, now i screenshot it and report u hahahaha, rekt")

I already asked the same question in Report section tbh but sadly didnt get an answer. Im curious tho too and would like to see a clear addition to the rules about this.

If its Natural cure like 99% of blisseys in PRO its not illegal but....

Well in other Pokemon-battle simulations u can see this cause u get notifcation in any form of the current status of opponents pokes, even if they switch out. Since thats the case there is no rule-additition in other pokemon-games. In PRO Natural-Cure pokes keep their status-change until they switch-in and as the Natural-Cure opponent u have no idea if its nat cure or not until it switches back in.

I feel its kinda grey area and can be abused by potential natural cure Pokes. (Like "Haha, im using illuminate starmie u fool, now i screenshot it and report u hahahaha, rekt")

I already asked the same question in Report section tbh but sadly didnt get an answer. Im curious tho too and would like to see a clear addition to the rules about this.

Exactly :y:

Btw, i believe you don't get any notification in the official games about natural cure's activation as well (VGC doesn't care about sleep clause lol). It only happens on showdown afaik

23CAjUv.gif

[glow=green]Katie Ledecky doesn't break records, she sets them[/glow]

[glow=green]~L'élégance, la science, la violence~[/glow]<i></i>

PVP knowledge first. If some people are playing commonly Natural Cure Pokemons on another way, too bad. If your Blissey/Roserade/Starmie is asleep, your opponent can freely use Spore/Sleep Powder/Yawn on any other of your pokemons.

HOWEVER -> You can try to fix this by contacting your opponent, telling him that your pokemon does not have Natural Cure, and that now that he knows it, he will have to respect the sleep clause. On the other hand, if you are "the opponent", feel free to take a screenshot of the conversation, and report the guy if he lies to you (+eventually expose his name here, so that we know who we can't trust).

4FVP

• 2 weeks later...

this thing is annoying tho, a guy tried to bully me into leaving the game, even tho he cured his paralyse with natural cure before.

Kid lied into my face and then drops his blissey in again, of course cured.

Should be bannable tbh, since we both knew he was using cure..

also its a technicality, no need to give blissey the double benifit..

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

Guest SugarRed9
266829 this thing is annoying tho, a guy tried to bully me into leaving the game, even tho he cured his paralyse with natural cure before.

Kid lied into my face and then drops his blissey in again, of course cured.

Should be bannable tbh, since we both knew he was using cure..

also its a technicality, no need to give blissey the double benifit..

When you report sleep clause they make you screenshot the pokemon as well as the offense to make sure they do or do not have natural cure. So you are good as long as you are certain he has natural cure you are alright.