abra hunting

Bigbozfoz

Had no idea where to post this so sorry if its in wrong spot.

Ive been hunting for an abra north of the day care place ( i think its the day care house ) and ive found 3 abra's in about 2 hours. 2 of them i tried throwing a ball and they both failed and it teleported and the 3rd i tried putting it to sleep but it teleported before i could sleep.. so was i just unlucky to not get the first hit to sleep it or do i just have to throw the ball first time every time and hope i get lucky?

• 2 months later...

I'm gonna share my way of hunting Abra since it's not been mentioned. You can take advantage of how pokemon taunted with no attacking moves is broken at the moment.

Just run a pokemon with Taunt + False Swipe, taunt the first turn, false swipe the 2nd -> guaranteed catch with a pokeball. It's broken because Abra should use struggle on the 2nd turn which would faint after the false swipe but it acts like it was taunted the same turn (so nothing happens).

I usually use Sneasel, because I think it's the most common pokemon in the game that learns this 2 moves, but you can use Absol, Zangoose, Gligar, I'm sure there are others.