Covet fails

Flan25

May i know how to use covet? I use banette as my first pokemon and i encounter primeape in cerulean cave then i change to linoone and use covet on primeape , llinoonw fails to steal anything and manage to damage primeape half of his lifes which means primeape is only half lifes now. Then i change back to bannette and use knock off on primeape and comes out a message that primeape black belt is knock off by banette. Why this happen, covet should steal primeape black belt right?

261484 May i know how to use covet? I use banette as my first pokemon and i encounter primeape in cerulean cave then i change to linoone and use covet on primeape , llinoonw fails to steal anything and manage to damage primeape half of his lifes which means primeape is only half lifes now. Then i change back to bannette and use knock off on primeape and comes out a message that primeape black belt is knock off by banette. Why this happen, covet should steal primeape black belt right?

is your linoone holding an item? coz if your pokemon use thief/covet while holding an item the move cant steal it.

thats how I observe it when farming an item

261484 May i know how to use covet? I use banette as my first pokemon and i encounter primeape in cerulean cave then i change to linoone and use covet on primeape , llinoonw fails to steal anything and manage to damage primeape half of his lifes which means primeape is only half lifes now. Then i change back to bannette and use knock off on primeape and comes out a message that primeape black belt is knock off by banette. Why this happen, covet should steal primeape black belt right?

is your linoone holding an item? coz if your pokemon use thief/covet while holding an item the move cant steal it.

covet supposed to work even if you hold item ^_^ only thief doesnt work while you hold item

nXH36Eg.gif

dasda.pngiREVScO.png

Oh no ! my linoone is holding somthing on that time :Frown: :Frown: But if i not mistaken, before this my linoone is holding something but it steal manage to steal . :confused:

Oh no ! my linoone is holding somthing on that time :Frown: :Frown: But if i not mistaken, before this my linoone is holding something but it steal manage to steal . :confused:

I test it out on my pokemon w/covet

1st attempt is holding an item and I didnt get the nocturnal feather.

2nd is without an item and covet successfully steal sharp beak, the sharp beak goes to my pansage after the battle

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think your poke needs happiness over 155 to steal item also.

I used Covet on over 50 Mankeys before I finally got Ash's hat... during that time it didn't steal a single berry either.

Afterwards I realised.... I used a trash Mankey to do this so time taken was probably just increasing happiness - Would explain why some people get the hat first time and for others it takes ages.

sig.jpg

Red Server - PhibaOptix

261503 I'm not 100% sure on this but I think your poke needs happiness over 155 to steal item also.

I used Covet on over 50 Mankeys before I finally got Ash's hat... during that time it didn't steal a single berry either.

Afterwards I realised.... I used a trash Mankey to do this so time taken was probably just increasing happiness - Would explain why some people get the hat first time and for others it takes ages.

my pansage happiness is only 78, so I dont think covet need happiness to steal an item

Covet and Thief only work if your pokemon not holding item and don't need any happy to work.

Also in the past it work even your pokemon hold item (item will move to bag), however, Shane fixed it and it now will work as original game.