Unlimited TMs.

Mrblizzard

1. 1.

As some of you might know, ever since gen 5, Pokemon turned TMs limitless, much like the HMs.

This change was great and adored by many Pokemon players around, after all... Some TMs are hard to re-obtain and sometimes nearly impossible. People breed, try new Pokemon and change movesets all the time.

It would only be reasonable to do so and let people engage in Pokemon battles more freely and fairly.

I'd be more than glad if you could consider making the TMs unlimited instead of one time use,

thanks in advance. :Heart:

I actually like the TMs the way they are. It creates a new market besides just searching for that "perfect" pokemon, which is good for an mmo. Maybe implement unlimited TMs as extremely difficult to obtain ingame items. Maybe as exclusive event prizes even.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

38914 I actually like the TMs the way they are. It creates a new market besides just searching for that "perfect" pokemon, which is good for an mmo. Maybe implement unlimited TMs as extremely difficult to obtain ingame items. Maybe as exclusive event prizes even.

The original Pokemon games themselves have a battling feature.

Training EVs, getting a pokemon with good IVs and nature is hard enough, I can't see why we should waste so much money on TMs, too. :Cry: I'm barely able to buy Pokeballs, so I'd actually be happy to have unlimited TMs, and some of them arent easy to obtain at all, anyways.

This is an MMO, things arent supposed to be easy to obtain

TMs will be staying as they are

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

38909 As some of you might know, ever since gen 5, Pokemon turned TMs limitless, much like the HMs.

This change was great and adored by many Pokemon players around, after all... Some TMs are hard to re-obtain and sometimes nearly impossible. People breed, try new Pokemon and change movesets all the time.

It would only be reasonable to do so and let people engage in Pokemon battles more freely and fairly.

I'd be more than glad if you could consider making the TMs unlimited instead of one time use,

thanks in advance. :Heart:

sure, let's just make this game as easy & run down as the newer pokemon games have become, great idea lol

LISQEZ3.gif

39157 This is an MMO, things arent supposed to be easy to obtain

TMs will be staying as they are

Do you think that how TMs are currently obtained is anything other than "easy?" There's a clear distinction between annoying and difficult, and TMs are currently the former--and only when you have to backtrack to a Gym in another region to stock up. If your argument was that it's a better money sink, then that wouldn't lend itself to debate, but you didn't use that as your point at all. Note that, by pointing this out, I'm not saying I think they should be more difficult to get.

It's possible to make TMs infinite use and mark up the prices so that they still function as a money sink.

In addition, your whole "this is an MMO" logic doesn't fly when the handhelds are simple MMOs nowadays, you just don't see the other players' avatars walking around and you don't communicate with them outside of microphone-enabled battles. You can trade items and Pokemon, grind, compete, and do most of the same stuff you already do in PRO, minus a couple of garnishes.

The less TMs you have access to the more you have to pay with in-game currency.

When you have a membership you get more Pokedollars.

Once again another way to jew their playerbase out of their money.

This is no way to keep an MMO economy alive, its the creators being insufferable with their marketing.

tumblr_nhu85tTjC41rydwbvo1_500.gif

As this has already been denied by Arnie, this creates a money sink, which is a good thing in the long run for the economy. Many other Pokemon MMO's/games have a problem where prices of Pokemon and the such become super inflated making it hard for newer players to obtain things.

And Miles your comment makes 0 sense, in handheld there is NO economy, you do everything yourself. The fact is in handheld games you just farm money or cheat it in, or cheat the item/pokemon in which makes it 10x easier.

39196 As this has already been denied by Arnie, this creates a money sink, which is a good thing in the long run for the economy. Many other Pokemon MMO's/games have a problem where prices of Pokemon and the such become super inflated making it hard for newer players to obtain things.

I just claimed this could be alleviated by raising the price of TMs in return for unlimited uses, but okay.

And Miles your comment makes 0 sense, in handheld there is NO economy, you do everything yourself. The fact is in handheld games you just farm money or cheat it in, or cheat the item/pokemon in which makes it 10x easier.

Uh, what? That statement is untrue; there's no MONETARY economy, but Pokemon and items do hold value. Ever heard of a little mainstay called GTS? If you didn't know, it stands for Global Trade Station, and it's where you trade one thing for another. That's basically the definition of economy.

An economy (Greek οίκος-household and νέμoμαι - manage) or economic system consists of the production, distribution or trade, and consumption of limited goods and services by different agents in a given geographical location.

Much like most MMOs, but for different reasons, the handheld economies are arguably better when they're fresh compared to later on in its life when people can just "print" money (Pokemon) by cheating. If you ignore that one completely unnatural element, it's pretty clear that the handhelds do have a form of economy.