Suggestion to ban the word "epic" in the game

Eldra

I have come to noticed that both on forums and in the game (particularly), the word "epic" to describe a certain Pokemon one is buying/selling has become a plague. First, a disclaimer that I am not particularly against any individual/group by doing so, but the word "epic" is simply a spammable word that is not specific, measurable and, to be honest, meaningful/objective. An epic pokemon to one may be an average one to another, vice versa. Of course, one could reasonably set up a definite for what the word mean, e.g. all relevant IVs 20+, main IVs 25+/31, but still then it'd be counterproductive and counterintuitive. When most of our newest forum threads (five out of six) include the word "epic" as a eye-catching tease, we have a problem.

pic.png

It's even more so of a problem in-game when 95% of all so-called "epic" pokemon are, in my very humble opinion and also others whom I know, nowhere near the "epic" status it entails (e.g. wrong nature, terrible ivs). Thus, unless the behaviors of these players change any time soon, I suggest that we ban the word "epic" and other resulting derivatives henceforth to promote a much more constructive and productive environment.

P.S. Also noticed on forum that one particular player had made three separate threads to distinguish his buying and selling of "epic" pokemon, can we make it enforceable that a person who made multiple duplicated and unnecessary threads be given the option to only retain one?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its an community problem..

i have seem people claim poke to be epic without even mentioning the nature.

people seem to think that if ivs are high nature wont matter and

even in glass canon pokes people want bulk and believe it needs to have higher hp/defs.

Personally i dont think word epic should be banned and wait for people to realize pokes value sooner or later.

Ban the word epic and the players will think of a another word. It's the same thing in trade chat "ABSOLUTELY BEST OFFER, THE BEST YOU CAN GET OUT OF THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST". bo. We could always go and correct them by simple saying "Dude, that is not epic at all", but then we just might look like jerks lol.

Since day one of Beta, we've laughed it up whenever someone posted an "epic" Pokemon in Trade. The beginning of the end seemingly started about 32 years ago. Eventually, internet and gamer culture picked the slang up and gave the entire world cancer--and that brings us to present day! At this rate, you'll never get people to stop saying epic without extreme measures. Never ever.

Nonetheless, epic still shouldn't be filtered. The word didn't ask for this.

Now, if it was my game, I'd filter the hell out of epic just to spite kids. :devil:

i agree with this, i hate anybody that uses the word epic to describe anything, even when it has nothing to do with this game. epic is the kind of word a simpleton uses loosely when you can't think of anything better to be more descriptive with. it's understandable when something actually is epic, but what is something actually epic to you? because something epic better be something pretty damn amazing otherwise it's just another basic boring thing that you can find literally any where else.

with that said, i would hardly consider epic an appropriate word to use to describe things like pokemon & their statistics. these are just pixels, backed by statistics randomly generated by codes. nothing about any of this is unique or "one of a kind" i could cite various things that are basically exactly like this, especially in an independently made pokemon mmo that exists among numerous other ones that essentially offer the exact same thing.

so what exactly is epic about any of this? absolutely nothing lol

so let them find a another word to use, that would be for the better anyway ~

LISQEZ3.gif

Haven't really noticed it to be honest but people do use it. I would try not to be too upset about it. Banning a word because people mis-use it would be pointless. Why get upset over a simple word. Let the people who buy the pokemon decide whether its "epic" or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arrow.gif

"He's willing to sacrifice an awful lot to help the people of this city, that kind of makes him a hero doesn't it?"