Sad Day

Gam3rartz

after spending 35k in the safari zone area 2 looking for a bulbasaur, i finally found one

all of my pokemon in the party were to high level to fight it, without fainting it.

So, i threw pokeballs at it...

i threw:

2 ultraballs

15 greatballs

13 pokeballs

had like 12 pokeballs left with no luck, against my better judgement, sent golduck to do aqua tail, thinking maybe it might have at least 1 hp left, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! of course not, IT FAINTED!!! :Frown:

starting to get upset and tear up at my lost time and money...i decided that im going to take a break from this game to calm down

p.s. i just wanted to rant, for i am not happy :Angry:

286928 tarting to get upset and tear up at my lost time and money...i decided that im going to take a break from this game to calm down

Have a good break, next time I advise bringing a false swipe. Which damages the pokemon to 1 health. Not killing it. I also recommend para/sleep it to make it easier.

width=400px

https://i.imgur.com/9pNePO2.png[/img]

Server: Silver

width=234pxhttps://i.imgur.com/0Zly8nz.png[/img]

oNql8cu.png

286928 tarting to get upset and tear up at my lost time and money...i decided that im going to take a break from this game to calm down

Have a good break, next time I advise bringing a false swipe. Which damages the pokemon to 1 health. Not killing it. I also recommend para/sleep it to make it easier.

thank you for the kind advice, i will bring status pokemon in with me next time...i just have to save up a lot of pokedollars, again....ugh As for false swipe, i will look into it and see which pokemon learns it for future safari zone hunting. thanks :Grin:

286930 thank you for the kind advice, i will bring status pokemon in with me next time...i just have to save up a lot of pokedollars, again....ugh As for false swipe, i will look into it and see which pokemon learns it for future safari zone hunting. thanks

Its also a buyable move, but only certain pokes can learn it. Use: TMs & Move Tutors to find it. "Use command f" for mac, or "alt f" for pc to search for it. :)

width=400px

https://i.imgur.com/9pNePO2.png[/img]

Server: Silver

width=234pxhttps://i.imgur.com/0Zly8nz.png[/img]

oNql8cu.png

286930 thank you for the kind advice, i will bring status pokemon in with me next time...i just have to save up a lot of pokedollars, again....ugh As for false swipe, i will look into it and see which pokemon learns it for future safari zone hunting. thanks

Its also a buyable move, but only certain pokes can learn it. Use: TMs & Move Tutors to find it. "Use command f" for mac, or "alt f" for pc to search for it. :)

wow this list is really helpful, i appreciate all of your help :)

i threw:

2 ultraballs

15 greatballs

13 pokeballs

starting to get upset and tear up at my lost time and money...

Hey!

You don't really need to use Great or Ultra balls for most Pokémon (it helps with ultra low catching rates like Beldum, though :Cry: ), but for most of them, normal Pokeballs are sufficient. You can get them discounted for 9000 instead of 10000 from a Rocket guy in the bigger Malls of Celadon and Goldenrod. It's usually a good idea to stock up until 200-500+ as soon as you have enough money, so you'll never run out.

As for the money problem, there is a great Guide here in the Forums. :)

[glow=#ff006e]F  u  t  u [/glow][glow=#5a1348]r   e  [/glow][glow=#4d5a8e]  C  l [/glow][glow=#40a1d3]u b[/glow]

Do not contact staff members for private support.

rKfObjw.png rKfObjw.png rKfObjw.png Rules rKfObjw.png FAQ rKfObjw.png Guides rKfObjw.png rKfObjw.png rKfObjw.png

Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use the proper Forum.

It's your own fault, looking for rare Pokemon but didn't prepare anything besides balls to catch it. Very first lesson everyone got in Pokemon was to weaken Pokemon before catching them, a lesson present in all games and all seasons of the anime.

But you can learn from that mistake, and bring Pokemon with moves like Thunder Wave or Hypnosis, as well as False Swipe, next time you want to hunt rare pokes :Grin:

(don't use poison, burn, or confuse status, as they reduce your target's HP)

Good luck, who knows maybe next time you'll get a shiny or epic one :Crazy:

And oh, when you encounter the rare poke, always check the Pokedex to check the Pokemon's level up moves.

If a wild Pokemon at the level you see, has any recoil move as its last 4 moves up to that level, False Swipe is too risky to be used. Just give it paralyze/sleep status, then start throwing ball xD