The PRO Bible (Be Competitive) - WIP

Gradiusic

Many many thanks for your job !!! Really help a lot to understand how all thoses new pokemons works

Just a question tho, I can never change pokemon in a fight (like, I'm battling the first arena boss, when he send the second pokemon I don't have the option to change mine without taking any dmg), is it something that's possible in PvP ?

Edit : Sorry for double post, I thought the first one didn't work, and I can't find a way to delete it

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a newbie man, and i know this Bible it's still in progress but man what an INCREDIBLE WORK. Im reading chapter two about EV's and all of this info for people like me are a gold mine... It simplify the whole game for anyone who wants reach that superior level of understanding and gaming in pokemon game. And i though I was a good poke player just because I played a lot of the roms game and though "good" poke teams to build up and win the poke league XD

Here are some things you should go over in your 'PRO Bible':

-Leftover numbers. (How much HP should the pokemon have to receive the maximum amount of leftover recovery.)

-You should mention late game (Setup) sweepers. (Basically weakening the opponent's team until you can use a pokemon of your own to sweep the rest of their team; Swords Dance Extreme Speed Lucario is a great example)

-Stealth Rock switch in HP numbers (For example try to avoid an hp divisible by 4 for x1, avoid hp divisible by 2 for x4, etc.)

-The importance of specific a specific speed number after (a) speed boost(s). (For example if you wanted a Gyarados to outspeed a positive base 130 after a Dragon Dance then it would need 264 speed, so a Jolly nature with 31 IVs and 168 EVs in speed would be needed)

-101 (level 100) / 51 (Level 50) Substitute HP Numbers (Being able to setup a Substitute able to survive Seismic Toss and Night Shade in order to setup against the opponent) aswell as the importance of substitute itself.

As for what you already have:

For sweepers they don't need to have a setup move to be considered sweepers.

For Revenge killers you should add the importance of priority attacks. (Technician Bullet Punch Scizor and Ice Shard Mamoswine are prime examples)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...