EV Training is a pain, the least fun part of this game

Guest lampshadejaz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokemon is an RPG, there is going to be a grind. Not to mention PRO is an MMO, making it an MMORPG like World of Warcraft. And like World of Warcraft, there is going to be a huge grind to get the best stuff. That's why to me it doesn't make sense to change the system at all, because PRO is an MMORPG that's just as grindy as the rest. Not to mention changing EV training would be straying from the games quite a bit.

I get where you are coming from, just my 2 cents.

Grind is expected as this is an MMO, and the current way or acquiring EVs is the same method as the mainline games.

292120 Add a mini game or something else.

interesting... this got me thinking. Pokemon X&Y had this kind of thing.

I like the idea of a "mini-game" way to acquire EVs, though.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

294161 Grind is expected as this is an MMO, and the current way or acquiring EVs is the same method as the mainline games.

292120 Add a mini game or something else.

interesting... this got me thinking. Pokemon X&Y had this kind of thing.

I like the idea of a "mini-game" way to acquire EVs, though.

yeah that good idea, pokemon ruby, shapire, and emerald have mini game like making pokeblok by mixing some berry into machine with your friend. instead increasing beauty, it can raising evs. in hoen there several place for beauty contest, that can be place to held the game.

sorry for my bad English

293401 Regarding vitamins : not everyone has the money to get them, especially now that, if I recall correctly, the easiest way to obtain them has been nerfed (they require artifact pieces to obtain from sites and has fixed amount that is lower than the amount of the pieces, when in the past we obtain them right away from sites and they're quite common)

Regarding Power items : we need themmmmm, and they must be obtainable outside coin shop

That's how every p2w starts. First they start reducing the grind you have to do by paying an amount of money, then another grind you have for another amount of money, then you have 2 things that'll benefit you(the one who's paying) over the guy who's not paying anything. That my friend, is p2w

Time advantage is usually not considered as P2W, though.

That's why people keep saying you do not need MS to play in PRO, because the only difference is the time it takes to grind the same amount of money/exp. Nobody ever say MS is P2W.

Other online games also have exp boost item, and they are usually never considered as P2W.

But yes, as has been said, Power items would be better than a new coin shop item that massively reduce EV grind to the point where it the grind doesn't exist.

That's why i said its how every p2w starts, also, we would have to know if that item gets into the game what are the stats/perks that it'll give, they could be the same as the macho brace(and it wouldn't be p2w) or it would be a x255 EV item(which would be the start of a p2w as a i said)

I somewhat enjoy EV training probably because I have no prior experience of having an easier way of doing it within the official games. I can manage EV training a pokemon that does not have it's respective evolution screen pop up after every battle but been there done that :Shocked:. I find a lot of pleasure EV training my own pokemon a lot more than other's because it just feels like I accomplished something big. This being said I prefer leveling over EV training :Proud:

"he was just a gorilla" -ded pepe

l2YStL6azrce1s7AY.gif

*sik animation edited by young hurumbee

#pedalforpedal (cousin bear)

Guest lampshadejaz
Been playing pro for a while, and I think this is pay2win and would break the game. See, the end game of pro doesn't offer much if you do not pvp. So ev training allows for some players to stay longer and artificially increasing a players "lifespan". If you know the training spots, it's pretty easy to ev train.

This game already has "pay to win". I can buy 20 memberships, sell them all for 500K each, and buy top tier PVP poke and be ranked top 10 if I put in the time to be good at PVP. Memberships give you a HUGE exp and money gain boost. That's pay to win. Do you dislike that as well? How does making EV training more fun and/or less painful add pay to win?

You guys are just lazy >_>

Weak. The main point of this post was to point out that I feel EV training is the least fun part of this game (see the title of the thread...). This has nothing to do with "lazy". And everything to do with fun per hour of a gaming experience.

Been playing pro for a while, and I think this is pay2win and would break the game. See, the end game of pro doesn't offer much if you do not pvp. So ev training allows for some players to stay longer and artificially increasing a players "lifespan". If you know the training spots, it's pretty easy to ev train.

This game already has "pay to win". I can buy 20 memberships, sell them all for 500K each, and buy top tier PVP poke and be ranked top 10 if I put in the time to be good at PVP. Memberships give you a HUGE exp and money gain boost. That's pay to win. Do you dislike that as well? How does making EV training more fun and/or less painful add pay to win?

You guys are just lazy >_>

Weak. The main point of this post was to point out that I feel EV training is the least fun part of this game (see the title of the thread...). This has nothing to do with "lazy". And everything to do with fun per hour of a gaming experience.

EV training isn't that frustrating and hard come on man, with Macho Brace at least. I think I am a weird one, since EV training is kinda relaxing to me tbh.