Remove move based actions like Cut

Kibido

It can be done without affecting the established system, actually.

In fact, it has been done, just look at other fan-made Pokemon games, some did it already.

You basically just need to change the "trigger" for using HM move from being move-based to item-based. So instead of requiring you to have a Cut Pokemon in your team, the event for cutting a tree requires you to have a certain item in your bag.

......which reminds me, it has been done even in the official games. Certain parts of the game requires the use of Key Items to activate certain event, which is no different than say, using a flashlight to light your surroundings.

So it's all just about whether the devs want to implement it or not, really. I don't mind either way. We know Game Freak didn't want to despite already having the system in place.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41939 I agree with this suggestion there can be items put in game to use in place of hms which we can only get if we have that hm like a hatchet for hm cut which can be placed enclosed between trees and only accessible if we have cut first and badges to use it.

that's a damn good idea. create a new thread offering this or rito! like, imagine hatchet; I don't know, rubber ferry; flashlight..

I don't think its a bad idea.

The idea of object such as a chainsaw is quite fun too, you can easily remove the requirement for cut to something like a chainsaw licence lol.

It would be a cool addition to the game and less of a hassle to move around, i mean i don't see the point on moving around with a rattata lvl 7 when you're a pokemon league master.

Don't remove them; make HMs passive. Make them usable even if the Pokemon doesn't have the move slotted as long as you have a Pokemon in your party that can use it (and the appropriate badge, of course). Updating the way HMs work is one of the biggest requests for the handhelds, and I honestly think sooner or later Game Freak themselves will do away with HM slaves in the spirit of Pokemon and a better experience, much like they rightfully did away with limited use TMs which used to be a common complaint too.

41916 The hm moves aren't permanently on your pokemon like in the handhelds so I don't really see your issue here.

Just because you can forget HMs doesn't mean it's a rational way of implementing them. With any thought, it's still terrible; it just looks almost decent BECAUSE in your mind the only other option is to have them be permanent. In reality, either way we're still burdened by the move and are forced to do what ought to be unnecessary inventory. You're not curing the problem at all, you're blindly treating a symptom.

Nice, I like the idea of working around it. So I can cast away this forsaken Linoone.

Not so much for Surfing and Flash (as flash is used once or twice and surfing I consider to be a decent move), but for Cut primarily. I find it odd that I could have a Pokemon that controls weather and destroys everything, but it can't trim a little bush in my way. Then again you could argue why you can't fly over the bush/ledge if your pokemon can Fly..

I agree with people saying it probably won't change, though permanently cut trees, a 'hidden HM' move or an axe/hatchet/bazooka or whatever would also work. If there's an equally frustrating quest created to obtain it ;)