HiddenPower base power testing. Always 60? No it not.

Hiddenability

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That magnezone has hp fire base 47. After damage calculation there is 93.8% chance to kill that specific scizor with one hit. So probably you got low rolls (bad luck). Btw hidden power has been confirmed to be coded as for gen 4.

[glow=red]Edit (look for latest post)[/glow]

I'd also like to know where it was confirmed being coded as for gen4. Ingame, the moves has 60bp and it states "A unique attack that varies in type depending on the Pokemon using it". This is a gen6 description of hidden power.

But the video and calcs don't lie, something is off. Can we get an official response ? If hp is gen4 mechanics, then the description should be accordingly to that.

glad when someone bump this topic after 4 months :Grin: .

yeah, i have a lot of magnezone h.p fire with difference base power like 44 and 68 when calculator, but yup, both can't kill this scizor and have almost the same damage dealed to scizor. So that mean base power is not 60 but also not random at all, it only have about 50-55 base power. Maybe Shane was nerfed it like when he do with confuse ray :Heart:

599494fb90733790ef41e334618a2bea.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif454.gif

I didn't notice that scizor was invested on health points. The actual calculation results in 80.9 - 96.4% chance to kill damage done to that scizor with a hidden power fire from that magnezone. That means, in that scenario it's impossible to kill it with a single hidden power fire (it would always require two hits).

I believe a gm was asked in-game about the hidden power mechanics and said so, but this is a really good example of it not being always base 60 power.

335339 I didn't notice that scizor was invested on health points. The actual calculation results in 80.9 - 96.4% chance to kill that scizor with a hidden power fire from that magnezone. That means, in that scenario it's impossible to kill it with a single hidden power fire (it would always require two hits).

I believe a gm was asked in-game about the hidden power mechanics and said so, but this is a really good example of it not being always base 60 bp.

this was what I calculated: 252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 348-412 (103.5 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Check again, I think you just put some evs on spdef or it was mega scizor :Grin:

335339 I didn't notice that scizor was invested on health points. The actual calculation results in 80.9 - 96.4% chance to kill that scizor with a hidden power fire from that magnezone. That means, in that scenario it's impossible to kill it with a single hidden power fire (it would always require two hits).

I believe a gm was asked in-game about the hidden power mechanics and said so, but this is a really good example of it not being always base 60 bp.

this was what I calculated: 252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 348-412 (103.5 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Check again, I think you just put some evs on spdef or it was mage scizor :Grin:

The thing is, that magnezone has a hidden power fire with base 47 power, your calcs are correct as for 60 base power hidden power fire.

HiddenAbility wrote:

Source of the post

Padawan96 wrote:

Source of the post I didn't notice that scizor was invested on health points. The actual calculation results in 80.9 - 96.4% chance to kill that scizor with a hidden power fire from that magnezone. That means, in that scenario it's impossible to kill it with a single hidden power fire (it would always require two hits).

this was what I calculated: 252+ SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 348-412 (103.5 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Check again, I think you just put some evs on spdef or it was mage scizor

The thing is, that magnezone has a hidden power fire with base 47 power, your calcs are correct as for 60 base power hidden power fire.

I can give u prove that even magnezone modest with 68 base power fire but still can't k.o this scizor and even deal less damage than this one. Like i said, hidden power is alway have base power only about 50 and not base on ivs.