How to self-activate Wigglytuff's ability: Competitive ?

Adham

How to self-activate Wigglytuff's ability: Competitive ?

I tried to find out the way, And in the end... i found 3 ways, But i am not sure about them, So i decided to make this topic to take your opinion.

1) Item: Flame Orb. (Reduces Attack)

2) Item: Iron Ball. (Reduces Speed)

3) Move: Curse. (Reduces Speed)

Please tell my your opinion and tell me if i am right or wrong ?

5ehzPLY.gif

Guest SugarRed9
305677 -snip

Hi there^^

After doing some research this is what I found:

200311 Competitive (only works with actual stat-dropping moves. Statuses don't count)

source: pvp rules/list of bugged moves and abilities

Competitive will not activate if the Pokémon with this Ability lowers its own stats (such as with Close Combat) or if its stats are lowered by an ally. - This is from bulbapedia. According to this logic, curse will not activate competitive.

Flame orb works by burning the Pokemon holding it. Competitive does not work with status that inflict stat drops, there for competitive would not activate.

As for holding an item, according to Kagawa's post only if your opponent uses moves like growl (lowers your attack stat) competitive would activate. So holding Iron Ball would not work.

It seems the only way to activate competitive is if your opponent uses a move like growl to drop your stats, then competitive will activate. Hope this helps!!

305677-snip

Hey Adham, glad to see the other members helping you out, and thank you SugarRed9 for the help. Best of luck and have fun playing :)

[glow=purple]

Locked as Solved

<i>[/glow]</i>

THIS IS MY SIG

hElBe1C.gif

Instagram | Youtube | Twitter | Resolution Center

If you are reading this you are awesome, have fun playing with this moral boost ;)

Do not contact staff members for private support, we have awesome ways to support you and others at the same time.

Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be removed. Thanks.