Need tips about PvP

Thepokemaestro

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SugarRed9

Also just want to add, right now while we are waiting for the pvp ladder to reset it is the perfect time to test teams and strategies with out having to worry about rating! I wish you luck in your battles.

309311 hazard removal is by no means necessary, in fact it can be a drain on momentum. as logn as you aren't running a bunch of sr-weak mons you'll be fine

well @ which rating are you?? most of the teams at top carry skarm/ferro+srock setter.. even if ur mons are all srock resistant, you will get massacred by skarm phazing ur whole team around hazards (spikes+srock)... if you pretend to go serious, hazard removal is necessary.. you just need to know when to get it in and u won't lose momentum

im between 450 and 500. i run triple taunt + magnezone. screw losing momentum with spin/defog, if your opponent is smart it's damn obvious you're about to use them, and spinblocking is ez af while defog is a free switch for literally anything.

How about you learn what Hyper Offense is about. :) Skarmory and Ferrothorn are a welcome sight for my team, 5/6 of my mons shred them.

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

309311 hazard removal is by no means necessary, in fact it can be a drain on momentum. as logn as you aren't running a bunch of sr-weak mons you'll be fine

well @ which rating are you?? most of the teams at top carry skarm/ferro+srock setter.. even if ur mons are all srock resistant, you will get massacred by skarm phazing ur whole team around hazards (spikes+srock)... if you pretend to go serious, hazard removal is necessary.. you just need to know when to get it in and u won't lose momentum

im between 450 and 500. i run triple taunt + magnezone. [Censored] losing momentum with spin/defog, if your opponent is smart it's [Censored] obvious you're about to use them, and spinblocking is ez af while defog is a free switch for literally anything.

How about you learn what Hyper Offense is about. :) Skarmory and Ferrothorn are a welcome sight for my team, 5/6 of my mons shred them.

540 here... every time i win, i get like 5 points, every loss is like 30... I can't risk it to lose to super heavy stall team that, in fact, there are a lot actually..

Most people don't spinblock, mostly because there are no realiable spinblockers RN, actually I think that in all my matches only 1 person tried to spin block me, and got koed by knock off (gengar, u know...)

Hyper offense, yeah I love it, but good luck running hyper offense when you don't have choice items/life orb/assault vest ingame...

They're all different playstyles, but what is sure is that going in without a spinner will make you lose some games just to entry hazards. Like someone said, he can try now, that ladder is basically useless..

Spinning doesn't have to lose you momentum by being performed by a defense poke, analytic starmie, excadrill are examples of offensive spinners, defog scizor, etc....

The very act of spinning is a free turn for your opponent to switch in. In fact, the lack of Unaware hampers defensive teams more than the lack of items hampers HO/BO/Balance, mostly due to a single Pokemon: Azumarill, which dismantles stall teams extremely easily after a few forced switches rack up Stealth Rock damage, and Tentacruel/Skarmory are removed or significantly weakened.

Furthermore, Breloom just laughs at common stall cores... such as Slowbro + Blissey, Blissey + Skarmory, etc... dunno why this mon isn't more popular lol

Also, Taunt ruins stall. Period. No Magic Bounce.

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

• 2 weeks later...