Worth it to evolve pokemon?

Kirros

Guest SugarRed9

a lvl 25 pidgey is still weaker than a lvl 18 pidgeotto

Would this mean that a level 98 pidgeot that was evolved early, would be more powerful than another lvl 98 pidgeot that was evolved late?

No, they would have the same power.

309931Would this mean that a level 98 pidgeot that was evolved early, would be more powerful than another lvl 98 pidgeot that was evolved late?

No, they would have the same power.

To be precise:

</I>[float=left]"[/float]Disregarding Individual Values (IV), Effort Values (EV), and Nature, a level 100 Pokémon's stats in Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense will be exactly 5 more than double its base stat values in each, while the HP stat will be 110 plus double the base stat value.

[float=left][...][/float]<I>

For each level gained (ignoring Nature), stats will increase by 1/50 the base stat value, and 1/100 the combined Individual Value and Effort Value. "

[float=right]- https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Statistic[/float]

That's why evolved are better; their base stats are almost always higher* and that's why the level you evolve it doesn't affect its final stats, as long as you do evolve it of course. :p

* In rare cases, one stat is lower, e.g. Electivire's, Magmortar's or Armaldo's Speed stat

PS: If you ever want to verify by yourself (or just have a good time) : (you can check the Base stats in the Pokédex in game)

MJXQlkF.png

if you're just doing the story, evolving SOME pokes won't hurt you (mostly if u know they're trash, and u won't be taking them to 100). You can also leave them at stage 1 and grind for bit (to overlevel your opponents), since not evolved pokes are weaker (for example, good luck defeating sabrina with 1st stage pokes, unless they're super overleveled).

When I did Hoenn I remember I walk thru it with just a machop, marill and ferroseed... marill got to 95 by the time I got to deoxys and I decided to evolve it there in order to be able to one shot that poke... so yeah, some times is good to just leave them at 1st or 2nd stage but it's not the end of the world if you already evolved a really good poke.. you can train it, it will be just a bit harder

308147 The only thing is some people evolve their Pokemon too late and are hit by either a server crash and rollback or the user might missclick "No" when evolving at level 100.

Which is why people should start remembering and suggesting that Pokemon should be already fully evolved at Level 98 at most, and don't forget to relog afterwards to force save.

Then just use Rare Candy for the remaining 2 level. Even if the server crashed or you click "no" on lv100 by accident, you'll only lose one or two rare candy, no worry about getting unevolved lv100 since the Pokemon is already fully evolved anyway and you already force saved the evolution.