Does covet work to steal items?

Kolgrimur

I know, that question has been brought up already, but i have to ask again....

Does covet work to steel items?

I defeated abut 50 Pokemon that may carry items. I got not one (and i observed all items i have).

Do i get a message if i stole an item with covet?

Whats the probabilty, that a wild pokemon has an item (with a Pokemon with Compound Eyes at first slot)?

Thank you.....

P.S. Sorry if i got the wrong forum

bt there something wrong sometimes with covet anyways. ive used frisk pokemon to verify if the wild poke has item and even when it has it. covet sometimes doesnt work. and as the covet is strong enought to kill the pokemon i have lose the chance to get the item more than once. pls verify this.

312188 bt there something wrong sometimes with covet anyways. ive used frisk pokemon to verify if the wild poke has item and even when it has it. covet sometimes doesnt work. and as the covet is strong enought to kill the pokemon i have lose the chance to get the item more than once. pls verify this.

Three things to steal items properly:

• Your Thief/Covet Pokémon shan't hold any item when trying to steal the opponent's;
  • The wild Poké mustn't have the ability Sticky Hold nor Suction Cups;
  • Once the item successfully stolen (a message appears informing you so), you have to defeat the wild Poké, you can't run away otherwise the aforementioned item will be lost.

Killing -or not- the wild Poké with Covet/Thief doesn't affect the stealing itself.

Hope I was able to clear things up :)