is this really allowed? maybe this is why his rating is kinda high

Jamirakway

1. 1.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this not as much a problem of if he deserved it or not but the accessibility of a Pokemon to the general public? I am not going to argue that Raikou is some meta breaking pokemon that can't be stopped but he is certainly viable. In my opinion any pokemon usable in pvp should be able to be gained by just playing the game as a player and not be exclusive to staff. Whether Viktim deserved it is a non issue, but whether he should be allowed to use exclusive staff pokemon in pvp is entirely another conversation.

The differentiation between earning the Raikou and Suicune is that, one was accessible to all player and he earned it in an open competition, where as viktim earned it for his dedication and work as staff which. This is not an opportunity all players have open to them, and while this isn't a huge deal I think the differentiation needs to be made. It is on some level an "advantage" regardless of if he is good at battling or if Raikou doesn't have the highest base stats. Regardless this isn't a big deal I just think that their is a clear distinction in how and why these two earned the legendaries, at the very least some sort of notification of the pokemon staff might use in pvp(that aren't publicly accessible) would be good so people are not caught off guard by things such as this.

325772 Whether Viktim deserved it is a non issue, but whether he should be allowed to use exclusive staff pokemon in pvp is entirely another conversation.

Hence why all OP legendaries are banned. Read the thread Chameleon linked, all legendaries over 600 base stats are banned, all Pokemon (bar the legendaries) at 600 base stats or lower are player-obtainable, you can obtain pokemon with more base stats then Raikou. Let the man have something unique for serving a year as staff, really dont see why all players have a stick up their ass about it to be honest. Theres legit hundreds of ways to counter a Raikou, and if you cant, you shouldnt really see Ranked PvP as something to be frustrated over as it just isnt for you if you fail to find a counter for an electric pokemon.

Your "notification that staff can use these pokemon in ranked PvP" is also the thread linked by Chameleon. Its needless to have an ingame pop-up for this matter.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

325772 Whether Viktim deserved it is a non issue, but whether he should be allowed to use exclusive staff pokemon in pvp is entirely another conversation.

Hence why all OP legendaries are banned. Read the thread Chameleon linked, all legendaries over 600 base stats are banned, all Pokemon (bar the legendaries) at 600 base stats or lower are player-obtainable, you can obtain pokemon with more base stats then Raikou. Let the man have something unique for serving a year as staff, really dont see why all players have a stick up their [Censored] about it to be honest. Theres legit hundreds of ways to counter a Raikou, and if you cant, you shouldnt really see Ranked PvP as something to be frustrated over as it just isnt for you if you fail to find a counter for an electric pokemon.

Your "notification that staff can use these pokemon in ranked PvP" is also the thread linked by Chameleon. Its needless to have an ingame pop-up for this matter.

I clearly state I do not think Raikou is broken in my initial post, adding to that I think the banned pokemon list is fair(although nowhere does it clearly state that staff may use any legendary under 600 base stat just that they have abused legendaries in the past). I do think however that if Raikou is to be used(in pvp) he should not be exclusive to staff, but I understand your stance on him deserving something unique for his service and that Raikou is not broken (I agree). In terms of the notification, unless I missed it in the initial post it never explicitly says staff will be using legends not on the list, it is only fair that people should know the possibility of what they may be facing up against.As I stated in my other post this isn't a big deal and anybody being overly dramatic such as OP whom won easily against it should chill.