Miles

1. 1.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45995 I think it's a good idea :y:

Thanks man :) I can be creative at times when I want something lol

It is a good idea indeed. For the people that really want to. I myself have never understood the allure of nicknaming, so paying for it seems like one hell of a waste of money, but if you would, surely others will too. It's easily added and a nice way for the devs to get some more money. However, I disagree that we can all moderate it. Like you said, you'd really need both a button to report someone but also the screenshot. Otherwise people would report other players for having a pokemon with a bad name, and then the mods would spend quite some time finding that particular pokemon, with boxes filled with pokemon. The name of a player itself is just stored in a database and also be seen right away, thus banning/warning them is easy. This is not. So, if it were to be added, there would have to be a better solution than the way you suggested

You do have a point. Moderating would be somewhat difficult. However, if there are warnings, threats of confiscation, threats of bans, moderating globally (not just mods), and the price is high so not just anyone can buy it, then you have to admit that naming is once again possible. And moderating it IS doable.

2wgyt5d.jpg

Okay I said it wrong. I do think that with the warnings and a high price it will mostly be fine, so it is a step in the right direction. I was just thinking that your suggestion wouldn't be enough for the devs to do it, because it still leaves those who do abuse it and it's not as easy to ban those. However, I may have a solution. When you want to change the nickname of a pokemon, you can use those naming tokens. When you do so, the nickname is first sent to a mod to see whether it's acceptable. If it is, then it will actually be changed. This would prevent people from picking offensive names for the most part (with the exception different languages I suppose). On the other hand, if it does become popular, the mods would spend a lot of time going though names... but. Meh.

45905 There is quite a large difference between players and pokemon. There are only around 1500 players on give or take a few. There are going to be millions of pokemon.. nobody has time to moderate that.

I mean, I guess this logic combats the comparison with player names, but how does it stand up to the challenge that nicknames would be no harder to moderate than chat? Someone could easily walk up to any player and *gasp* subject them to curse words and slang curse words and foreign curse words. Yeah, there's a filter, but filters can easily be circumvented for those inclined to break the rules. I don't know if it's even possible to place a filter on nicknames, but it seems like it would be, right? And then, any nicknames violating the rules would be handled on a case by case basis (same way chat is moderated - if someone breaks the rules, they're punished when they're caught)

"Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity,

but what I fail to see, is what that's got to do with you and me"

-Father John Misty

Not only that but you cant really moderate the pms people get if you are going to use that logic..i mean ive recieved a couple of very mean pms saying really mean things. So what should I do in that situation? Ya, screenshot and report. Its the same with everything else in the game. Naming would be no different. Also, my idea makes it even harder and less attractive to make vulgar names! It makes the game more creative, gives more support to server and it gives even more value to a pokemon if it has a name that only YOU can think up and admire!

2wgyt5d.jpg

46357 i will give u my opinion,i agree with lentz,it would be extremely hard to moderate all the names,im the spanish gm and theres lots of spanish insults that can be used to bypass the swear censor,actually in my first day as gm i had to ban a lot of spanish players for their names.

Not only that, other languages might sneak in some offensive names as well.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."