Nicknames Pt. 2: Electric Boogaloo

Miles

1. 1.

46360 There is literally no feasible way to look at this.

>Literally

How about this: moderators do their job and moderate nicknames like they do chat. Would that be difficult? Maybe - no more difficult than moderating chat. But it's certainly feasible. Get your hyperbole shit out of here, or contribute to the discussion with something a little more substantive

"Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity,

but what I fail to see, is what that's got to do with you and me"

-Father John Misty

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally gave you tons of reasons on why this is feasible and you just make a bold statement with no reasoning whatsoever. So how about telling us why you think it isnt feasible? I even put it into perspective. Any mods,gms, cs, devs wanna comment on my suggestion?

2wgyt5d.jpg

I like the money sink idea. Also, if absolutely necessary, mods who are competent can even be recruited to do the moderation for you. It's not that there's no feasible way to accomplish this, it's that you, as usual, don't care to try solving a problem that may not affect you; that's your prerogative, but don't expect everyone else to give up too. If you combine the entire discussion now, it becomes apparent it's totally feasible.

46362 I literally gave you tons of reasons on why this is feasible and you just make a bold statement with no reasoning whatsoever. So how about telling us why you think it isnt feasible? I even put it into perspective. Any mods,gms, cs, devs wanna comment on my suggestion?

Actually i gave u guys my gm opinión,we are not ignoring ur suggestion

nvm, not worth it. If a former staff member thinks it's not feasible, that really doesn't have an impact

"Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity,

but what I fail to see, is what that's got to do with you and me"

-Father John Misty

You said their is no feasible way of looking at this. How so? We all (the community who wants this) think there are very feasible ways of looking at this. Making naming have a price limits the amount of names to moderate. Putting warnings and punishments erradicates the bad naming. Seems to me based on this discussion, moderating is the only thing that makes naming nonviable. However with my support on the idea it shows that moderating would be just fine. There are not gonna be 1500+ people paying 5 dollars or $300,000 in game yen to name their pokemon. There are not gonna be 1500+ people that are going to degrade their pokemon either. That is just common sense. Think about it ;D. I want naming! lol x)

2wgyt5d.jpg

46362 I literally gave you tons of reasons on why this is feasible and you just make a bold statement with no reasoning whatsoever. So how about telling us why you think it isnt feasible? I even put it into perspective. Any mods,gms, cs, devs wanna comment on my suggestion?

Actually i gave u guys my gm opinión,we are not ignoring ur suggestion

I was talking to Lentz lol mightve been some confusion there. Thank you for the opinion :) i really do appreciate it. My second to last post kind of talks about how it would be totally fine to moderate naming if they have an in real life price or in game price tag on it. So that you can comment on as well :)

2wgyt5d.jpg

Nicknaming pokemons has always been there. Small impact or not it was always an aspect of the game. As you all know, even Gamefreak has banned a nickname from their original games in ORAS. On that note, we all know that 100% there will be rather offensive nicknames for pokemons that are not suitable to our game and ToS, doesn't really add anything to the game either. Let alone using censors on that regard, which requires extra scripting and coding. Absoring what i've said, there are more cons than pros to this suggestion. Then again, it will be upto the developement team to decide the fate of this suggestion.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

46413 Nicknaming pokemons has always been there. Small impact or not it was always an aspect of the game. As you all know, even Gamefreak has banned a nickname from their original games in ORAS. On that note, we all know that 100% there will be rather offensive nicknames for pokemons that are not suitable to our game and ToS, doesn't really add anything to the game either. Let alone using censors on that regard, which requires extra scripting and coding. Absoring what i've said, there are more cons than pros to this suggestion. Then again, it will be upto the developement team to decide the fate of this suggestion.

Are you taking in to account my idea or are you just talking about naming for all players with a small price? Because naming for all players with a doable price in game is not what Im advising. I actually agreed with the staff's argument on that. But my idea in my opinion is good and way better than what was once thought or suggested.

2wgyt5d.jpg