Introducing; Me

Hello everyone!

Found this section while browsing the other day and figured I'd dip my toe in it. Name's Let, playing on the Red Server. I'm 25, an avid fan of psychology, philosophy, my own specific niche of literature and, like most of you, of most good things life has to offer. I've been a gamer since I was, I think, five years old. So that's two decades now. From SEGA til PS4, I've been tagging along on the journey - spent a good 10 of those years playing MMO's, far too many to name. But my main time sink was always WoW, up until I quit some four years ago. Pokemon though, has been a constant thing that I've returned to, time and time again. And that's what I'll focus on in this intro.

My favorite Poke game, I'd have to say, is Emerald. I don't entirely understand what it was from that game that stuck with me, but there was just something truly epic about it - whether it was the length of it, or the scope of the changes to the world you experienced, or maybe I'm lying and none of that was really the reason. Maybe I loved it so much because of my, then, favorite Poke of all time; Metagross. It was pretty much unstoppable, before they nerfed it into the ground. Well, things are inevitably going to change, I suppose.

My most disliked Poke game would have to be... Every "Yin & Yang" game. The two they release before the third, larger one, comes out that combines both the previous ones. I understand that money "has" to be made, but silly is just silly - which is what these are. There was little to no reason to have Ruby and Sapphire before releasing Emerald for example - could've just made those a "mode selection" at the beginning of the game. But I digress.

I found PRO trough a Twitch Highlight video on YouTube that one of my only three favorite LoL streamers had posted. The video in question wasn't about PRO, but he was playing it in the background as he was waiting for the Queue to pop, and when I saw other players running around the world it hit me that it was an MMO (Well, not really, but I don't want to get into the technicalities), and from there I did some research and found out about the game. A couple of weeks later; And here I am. The streamer in question, for anyone who wants to know, is PinkWard - a Shaco main who is, at times, cerebral in his gameplay - which is the parts I like. The other two are Shaclone (Shaco main) and Singed420 (Singed main) for those who are wondering.

Now as far as my experience in the Pokemon games; I've never played it competitively, or not to any serious degree. I know many are bound to disagree with me (duh - it's kind of why we're here after all) but I feel that it defeats the joy that Pokemon games bring if you start thinking of the franchise as an "e-sport". Maybe that's just me though. I think of these games more as a "wondrous exploration"-type of experience. Which is really odd, because when it comes to any other game out there, be it the Souls franchise, or the Witcher games, or any of the MMO's - I can't shut my brain of from thinking about doing everything in the most efficient and perfect ways possible. I've been min-maxing everything for two decades straight, and the only break I've had from this has been in the Pokemon games, where I simply don't care and enjoy myself. I don't know if it's the soundtracks, or the art style, or if it's something else - but whatever it is, it successfully captures that "grand journey"-feeling, instead of being a "go from point A to point B"-type of game. To each their own, I suppose. This being said though, I am looking forward to getting trough the content and seeing everything that the game has to offer.

My opinion on PRO so far? It's the most fun I've had... In years. Which is weird. I didn't even remember that gaming could be this awesome. I guess that's what happens when you take everything too seriously for well over a decade; it becomes a chore, instead of a fun thing. So far, I'm a big fan of the soundtrack selection (Which are great), the art style, the sprites, the customization - it's all great. Does have some flaws though, things that I personally dislike, such as; Can't easily re-arrange moves, animations for a lot of the moves are missing, headbutting has a cooldown (wut? =_O), some spelling mistakes and, the one that has confused me the most so far, Ash rewards you for finding his hat by randomly kicking your ass with what seems like a Lvl 100 Pikachu outside of the Grass gym housing Lvl 35+ Pokemon. That last one still has me shocked - pun intended. Despite all of this though, which I'm sure the Devs will smooth out over time (And you should!), it's a great game and I'm loving every second of it, which is more than I can say for the vast majority of the games I've played in my life - except for Dragons Dogma... That game was a-****ing-mazing.

I'll end it on that. As I'm sure most of you have realized at this point that I don't do short posts, so I'll spare you the pain of going on further, which I could do at least for another couple of hours. Anyway, this is me and I'm looking forward to being a very quiet and lurking part of the community, despite what you've seen here. Or, at least I'll try!

Let

Wow, I think you did an even longer introduction than me, props for that. xD

341131 My most disliked Poke game would have to be... Every "Yin & Yang" game. The two they release before the third, larger one, comes out that combines both the previous ones. I understand that money "has" to be made, but silly is just silly - which is what these are. There was little to no reason to have Ruby and Sapphire before releasing Emerald for example - could've just made those a "mode selection" at the beginning of the game. But I digress.

I feel you for this, I hated it, too. It is unfortunately not the only one doing anything for money (*ahem* Apple *ahem*), and I don't know if it is because we are growing up or if it's true, but I feel like it gets worse and worse... Money calls for money, I guess.

341131[...] headbutting has a cooldown (wut? =_O)

Well, if it didn't, one could get an unlimited amount of pokémons supposed to be rare, and if you want to see it RP-wise, tell yourself that once the pokémon fell of the tree and get caught/defeated, some time has to pass in order for a new one to go all the way up there :p

341131 Dragons Dogma... That game was a-****ing-mazing

Oh the good ol' memories! Oh, that time spent in that infinite "fall" at the end (I don't even remember its name anymore... please don't hit me)

341131 I don't do short posts [...] I'm looking forward to being a very quiet and lurking part of the community

Please, don't. :D

Nice to meet you, welcome to PRO, and may you keep having as much fun as we all did for a long time :Grin: