what are the chances of shinies form NPC's?

Tzrekjad

355978 what are the odds of shinies from

boss rewards

fossils

other npcs

Hello TzRekJad,

afaik the rates are the same for the boss drops/npc drops/fossils revives and abandon pokemon (1 in 8000 something )

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

355978 what are the odds of shinies from

boss rewards

fossils

other npcs

Hello TzRekJad,

afaik the rates are the same for the boss drops/npc drops/fossils revives and abandon pokemon (1 in 8000 something )

hey thanks for the reply, i heard from other peeps that its higher chance thats why i made this post :P

355983 hey thanks for the reply, i heard from other peeps that its higher chance thats why i made this post :P

I think they made the boss rewards have a shiny chance, I think they didn't have that before.

I am also not 100% sure about this but if I recall Naero correctly it's something like this. :D

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

355983 i heard from other peeps that its higher chance thats why i made this post :P

yup it is, iirc a staff once said 1/1000 shiny chance frm npcs, twas around early of 2016. Do idea now whether they changed it or not.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

355983 i heard from other peeps that its higher chance thats why i made this post :P

yup it is, iirc a staff once said 1/1000 shiny chance frm npcs, twas around early of 2016. Do idea now whether they changed it or not.

1/1000 would be way to high and we would see WAY more shinies from NPC's

There is a 1/2,000 (0.0005) chance of obtaining a shiny counterpart of that Pokémon; that is also halved to 1/1,000 (0.0010) with active membership.

Naero boss -> reward section

There is a 1/4,097 chance of obtaining a shiny counterpart of any of the Pokémon rewarded.

Ravine boss -> reward section

There is no shiny counterpart of Pokémon rewarded from the randomized prizeset; only the selectable prizes have one, which is 1/4,096 in fractional notation (0.000244%, in percental notation).

Erika boss -> reward section

I am sorry. :)

355996 1/1000 would be way to high and we would see WAY more shinies from NPC's

yea maybe, maybe not.

In-addition, before and after a staff said it. There was a alot of people receiving shiny karp from karp salesman at route 3. Which is easy coz u only need to pay 1.5k but on bosses it needs timeplayed, lv100pokes, quest completions, etc. thats why only few receives em. Thats why I believe what he said was real about the 1/1000. perhaps they changed it now i rarely see shiny karps from karp salesman poppin in.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

There is a 1/2,000 (0.0005) chance of obtaining a shiny counterpart of that Pokémon; that is also halved to 1/1,000 (0.0010) with active membership.

Naero boss -> reward section

I am sorry. :)

Interesting, so that's why Naero was "OP" and we don't get to choose a 3rd time reward.

Anyway, the chance of obtaining a shiny from bosses seems to be 1/4,097 as the only other bosses I was able to find in the Wiki, Ravine and Erika, have the exact same shiny chance.