Just curious, Any other Linux users?

Anatzum

356888 Lubuntu/Ubuntu/Debian, because I am a linux noob. Switching to Arch sometime soon, but I have to figure that all out first. :Nervous:

If your still new to linux, I would avoid Arch until your very comfortable with the command linux. Nobody knows how to install Arch off the top of their head without some sort of guide/documentation so the real reason you need to be confident at the command line is to fix your system when someone goes wrong or breaks. I usually run Linux Mint on my laptop just to make things easy :)

357013 ...

Thanks for the advice.

The thing is I have been USING Linux for a year now, but I am still very bad with the command line (does rm remove the folder specified or its content?, what was the command to move files again?) so I don't feel ready :Angry:

The man pages will be your best friend. you can type "man 'command'" to get the documentation over the specified command. mv would be the move command and rm removes only the specified file unless you use the -r switch which will remove a folder recursively. Before using any commands at the command line its best to read up on their documentation using the man pages.

• 1 month later...

#linuxmasterrace

Post your favorite distribution / desktop environment

<-- Arch/KDE

I have always liked Debian. Could never really get into arch as much. Not sure why. Just didn't like the feel of it.

For whatever reason, mint and I have never agreed on anything. I will never use mint. Never.

Idk, I like Gnome. I know its got loads of hate, but bugs have been minimal for me so I have just stuck with it.