Luck and Effort in PRO

Chameleon

Ok I'm not gonna bother with long paragraphs this time since it's a waste of time considering this thread will be replied with a pasted text from one of the staff members prior to being locked.

PRO doesn't reward effort. The effort you put in only results in you trying your luck for more. Attempting to get lucky more than once. LUCKY.

Progressive RNG is a thing and PRO needs it. If it's impossible in PRO, change the rarities, make them more friendly. 2 hours (irl) of button mashing without an extremely rare isn't fun or fair.

Yes, luck might be what drives the interest of so many PRO players, but not for a very long time and that's why many people quit. I'm not saying luck factor should be removed. What I'm saying is, effort has to be rewarded.

I can be hunting in Victory Road Kanto 2F for a week just to get a good Drilbur, and you may just be passing by without a sync etc. & encounter an epic one. The problem here isn't you getting lucky, luck has to be in this game. The problem is that I ended up with 20 Drilburs far from even just 'usable'. This is just an example.

"This is an MMO" as a reply doesn't count. There are MMOs that reward effort, not only luck.

That's all I have to say. Most likely nothing will be done, but who knows...

364376 Progressive RNG = excavation?

Your progression in excavations don't really affect your odds of getting a good Pokemon. It's more "unlockables" rather than progressive RNG. Excavations is at least a decent feature though.

364377 its very normal in RNG, dude :/

Yeah and that's what the problem is. Have you even read my post? It's ALL RNG.

Let me give you an example to make it more clear. This is not what I'm suggesting, it's just an example.

You catch 100x of a certain Pokemon, the 101st is guaranteed to have 10+ IVs in each stat. See, your effort is somewhat rewarded here. It's not all RNG that way.

364360 Ok I'm not gonna bother with long paragraphs this time since it's a waste of time considering this thread will be replied with a pasted text from one of the staff members prior to being locked.

PRO doesn't reward effort. The effort you put in only results in you trying your luck for more. Attempting to get lucky more than once. LUCKY.

Progressive RNG is a thing and PRO needs it. If it's impossible in PRO, change the rarities, make them more friendly. 2 hours (irl) of button mashing without an extremely rare isn't fun or fair.

Yes, luck might be what drives the interest of so many PRO players, but not for a very long time and that's why many people quit. I'm not saying luck factor should be removed. What I'm saying is, effort has to be rewarded.

I can be hunting in Victory Road Kanto 2F for a week just to get a good Drilbur, and you may just be passing by without a sync etc. & encounter an epic one. The problem here isn't you getting lucky, luck has to be in this game. The problem is that I ended up with 20 Drilburs far from even just 'usable'. This is just an example.

"This is an MMO" as a reply doesn't count. There are MMOs that reward effort, not only luck.

That's all I have to say. Most likely nothing will be done, but who knows...

Many of us see being successful at PvP as a reward for your efforts in hunting (hunting epics to sell so you can buy more pokes)

Also if you don't like the system PRO has there are many other Pokemon MMO's and one of them you might like :)

Here is a thread with more Pokemon MMO's that you can through ------->

Adios mate

Many of us see being successful at PvP as a reward for your efforts in hunting (hunting epics to sell so you can buy more pokes)

Also if you don't like the system PRO has there are many other Pokemon MMO's and one of them you might like :)

Here is a thread with more Pokemon MMO's that you can through ------->

Adios mate

What I'm referring to here is that you may never get something that's worth using in PvP. So you're not really rewarded for your efforts there are you? And instead, you're punished. You're talking about epics. You may never get something that's worth money, because the chances are too low with stuff that people actually pay money for. That's the main point I'm making in this topic. See my reply to halvoure above. Also, PvP isn't the only aspect of the game.

I know about all that mate, thanks for that. PRO is the best, but it doesn't mean it hasn't got flaws. I don't understand why you guys get touchy with criticism. Criticism helps a certain thing improve. And I'm not sure if advertising other Pokemon MMOs is allowed here.

364428 I love this attitude.

"You don't like it? Go away." I heard the slurp here.

Tell me about it. It's always that or "this is an MMO".

364445 Tell me about it. It's always that or "this is an MMO".

I mean, I get it. I get the "it's in their free time" thing, I get they are not payed, I get that's an hobby, I get all, and I appreciated that, strongly. BUT... we are a loyal community, we didnt' quit PRO even with all the problem, the delay, the bug, etc. No matter what, here we stay. Still it's not the first time I heard this "Don't like it, quit it" stuff. Instead of helping improve the game, "quit it". It's frustrating and disrespectful, if you want my opinion.

Thankfulness must come from both side imho..