Pokemon's nickname

Anhkhoi

Hi guys, so in the next update, can we set the pokemon's nickname,ok? I'd love to see that :Grin:

[glow=red]My powers doesn't exist for destroy the world. They only exist for only protect whom I believe in.[/glow]

[glow=red]---Zero---[/glow]

Nicknaming is an idea that has been thrown a couple times, but it has always been denied.

As written on this thread

This is hard to manage, as it's easy to abuse a nickname system and submit inappropriate nicknames. Furthermore, nicknaming would add extra data per Pokemon - this might not sound like a lot, but it all adds up very quickly to overstrain the database unnecessarily. This suggestion has been and will continue to be denied.

With 300 players each having say, 50 nicknamed Pokemon, that already totals to 15000 nickname.

365281 Hi guys, so in the next update, can we set the pokemon's nickname,ok? I'd love to see that :Grin:

Hi AnhKhoi,

As mentioned by Starlight, nicknaming Pokemon is something addressed on this thread. It has been suggested many times in the past and the reason for it not to be implemented will always be the same. Nicknaming would be very difficult to moderate as we'd have to put a lot of attention to making sure people don't abuse it and use inappropriate nicknames. Additionally, nicknames would add extra data to the Pokemon which would build up very quickly, especially with the size of our playerbase.

Thanks for the suggestion though, we appreciate all suggestions made by players and are reading them to see what our players would like to see. I hope you have a nice day ^^

- Locked -

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.