Alternative starter mode

Ohnoneill

Hey so I'm just throwing out a suggestion for an alternative starter mode where you essentially enter a safari zone to catch your starter

My suggestion is that when you are customising your players looks before the game, you could tick a box that makes you start the game in the following way. When you get to the lab the professor says that you have to catch your pokemon yourself, so you are transported to a safari zone like place. You would also temporarily be given a pokemon with which to catch these pokemon.

here, the 1st evolution of most pokemon would be available with common pokemon having like a 1% spawn rate, uncommons having like 0.5% spawn rate and the rate getting lower as the pokemon get rarer.

This area would work like safari zone where you have like 30 minutes to catch and when you are done you are transported to a room with a pc and the professor, you can then spend as long as you want on the pc looking at all the pokemon you caught and looking at IV's choosing which you want, all pokemon are level 4 with 0 xp needed to evolve to lvl5. when you are done you put the poke you want into your party and then go to the prof and he teleports you back to his lab, deleting all of the other pokemon from the pc and not counting them in your pokedex. Then you start the game as normal as if you chose pikachu.

I think that this would be good to add a little variety to the game for people who have used the same starters many times, it also almost makes it a more genuine experience as not everyone will get a super powerful pokemon from the beggining.

One thing to keep in mind is that, while ideally MANY pokemon would be included, its important to only add pokemon that have an attacking move that early on (for example abra or magikarp would be useless as they dont have damage)

Hey so I'm just throwing out a suggestion for an alternative starter mode where you essentially enter a safari zone to catch your starter

My suggestion is that when you are customising your players looks before the game, you could tick a box that makes you start the game in the following way. When you get to the lab the professor says that you have to catch your pokemon yourself, so you are transported to a safari zone like place. You would also temporarily be given a pokemon with which to catch these pokemon.

here, the 1st evolution of most pokemon would be available with common pokemon having like a 1% spawn rate, uncommons having like 0.5% spawn rate and the rate getting lower as the pokemon get rarer.

This area would work like safari zone where you have like 30 minutes to catch and when you are done you are transported to a room with a pc and the professor, you can then spend as long as you want on the pc looking at all the pokemon you caught and looking at IV's choosing which you want, all pokemon are level 4 with 0 xp needed to evolve to lvl5. when you are done you put the poke you want into your party and then go to the prof and he teleports you back to his lab, deleting all of the other pokemon from the pc and not counting them in your pokedex. Then you start the game as normal as if you chose pikachu.

I think that this would be good to add a little variety to the game for people who have used the same starters many times, it also almost makes it a more genuine experience as not everyone will get a super powerful pokemon from the beggining.

One thing to keep in mind is that, while ideally MANY pokemon would be included, its important to only add pokemon that have an attacking move that early on (for example abra or magikarp would be useless as they dont have damage)

Tbh, i dont think this idea will get implemented for multiple reasons.

1: If you were to stay there and hunt multiple pokemon, you could wait till you get a godly iv one which wouldnt matter due to the fact that any pokemon you have lvled for story will be good in the longrun anyways.

2: This would defeat the purpose of the actual "Starter" pokemons as you know the fire/water/grass types.

You could literally spen a whole week farming for an op starter pokemon that you will eventually end up with which would make hunting for them later on in their respective places useless.

spacer.png

Well I dont think upcoming players would like it, probably most of em will say its too tedious. Specially when you're having extreme badluck, wherein in the 6 or more hours run no starter pops. Which then eventually, in worst cases, loses interest and quits the game. :(

but maybe an option where a player will choose whether he:

prefer to hunt for his desired starter for hours/days

or just choose the starter the professor has prepared.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18