tournament ideas

Guest notblackjack

Guest notblackjack
AND VGC?

I do like the ruleset of VGC but unfortunately the game does not support 2v2 battles at the moment. As soon as it does, this will definitely be on my list.

~notblackjack

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notblackjack

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will be (attempting) to make a successful tournament/game in the coming weeks. Post will go up in 1 week or so and registering will start then.

~notblackjack

• 1 month later...

jaaaaaaaaaaaaaay o/

and the reason mmo needed a teir council is because it strayed from the games. it allowed some but not all pokemon and some but not all moves and some but not all ability's with a mix of mechanics from multiple gens.

if this game had every pokemon and ability and move available in gen 6 then we could just use smogon teirs.

as it is now not every move/ability/pokemon has been implemented. if they will be implemented in the next year or so or less then we can just use smogon when everything is here.

IF they plan to use some system that does not implement all pokemon to all players, and all moves/abilitys to all players, then they are going to have to do one of three things:

-give up on comp

-use smogon but have a horribly unbalanced game (counters to thing missing so they become stronger then intended and specific pokemon on every team)

-create you own teirs(this wont be easy)

hopefully they will just implement everything and we can be lazy and use smogon.

also item clause only for vgc and 4v4 format, and freeze clause needs a system in place to turn it on or off cause rng. also not all of these rules apply to every teir.

also 50's>100's cause making hundreds of comps is enough work

also jay get on offtopic forums o/

Guest Isaac

Remember to make your tournament bracket at Challonge.com and also reduce all pokemons levels to 50 for tournament mode. It makes it easier for trainers.

Hope this does not come off as rude:

No.

You should not try hosting a tournament without experience in hosting this kind of tournament.

1v1 and 2v2 are Gimmicks and not actually competitive formats.

No one WANTS to level their comps to 100.

100's is cool, but 50's is better for an MMO like this.

Easier to get to and still competitive.

Lvl 5 is not a thing unless we're talking little cup.

Lvl 30 is not a thing.

However, imo this community should be more concerned with standard tournaments.

Standards consist: OU,UU,Doubles(Upon implementation) NU

You're gonna need a tier list council to form the tiers PROPERLY.

Looking at you staff.

Hoping those on staff are a bit more interactive than those of PokeMMO.

I've hosted quite a few (Way too many tourneys in my day), I'd hate to see them done poorly here.

Edit: Not to say that playing that way is not okay, just saying what needs to be done here.

Cheers,

~Jay

i browsed through some pokemon wiki pages and first thing i noticed is that in gen 6 pokes tend to learn moves at way higher levels than in gen 3. im not sure if level 50 really works here tbh cause of that reason. think we will need flat battles asap as soon it goes to endgame pvp

Hope this does not come off as rude:

No.

You should not try hosting a tournament without experience in hosting this kind of tournament.

1v1 and 2v2 are Gimmicks and not actually competitive formats.

No one WANTS to level their comps to 100.

100's is cool, but 50's is better for an MMO like this.

Easier to get to and still competitive.

Lvl 5 is not a thing unless we're talking little cup.

Lvl 30 is not a thing.

However, imo this community should be more concerned with standard tournaments.

Standards consist: OU,UU,Doubles(Upon implementation) NU

You're gonna need a tier list council to form the tiers PROPERLY.

Looking at you staff.

Hoping those on staff are a bit more interactive than those of PokeMMO.

I've hosted quite a few (Way too many tourneys in my day), I'd hate to see them done poorly here.

Edit: Not to say that playing that way is not okay, jet saying what needs to be done here.

Cheers,

~Jay

This community needs time to grow a little more before there is a serious discussion about tourneys. We have no clue how long its even going to take to make full teams seeing as breeding wont be a thing and certain moves are going to have to be obtained through different means. Also Ive only met maybe 10 people here who even really know what comp play is so this could take a while.

I agree with Ares on this. When you first get on the mmo when its released people will want to just play the game for awhile. Comp is fun yea but not when you first start out,

CJxXIsaWEAExDEn.jpg

slipknot_signature_by_eviltxgod.png

[glow=red]There should be some guild tourneys as well[/glow]

WCEmNxe.jpg

[glow=red]SkyHorizon's Guild Thread[/glow]:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8107

[glow=red]SkyHorizon's Trade Center[/glow]: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=11984

[glow=red]SkyHorizon's Daycare Center[/glow]: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=17049

• 2 weeks later...

What's with all of the rules and restrictions? The only restrictions should be legendaries and illegitimate pokemon (*cough* Tyrone's frenzy plant Typhlosion). Tournaments should be a traditional 32 to 64 seed event where any combination of pokes can be used. If you lose because your team of level 80s can't take down my team of level 100s, well that's your fault for not grinding. There shouldn't be a penalty for people who play more than others. No lifers always have the advantage ;)

I was organizing a battle royal styled event from time to time (also in other non-pkmn games). Concerning pkmn, it takes some effort from the host to prepare the event since, depending on the amount of participants, every participants needs 6 random pokemon of the same level. in pro, the maze would be the perfect place to held this event from time to time (reduced view and no wild encounters). As soon as i am through all the maps, i will start to organize battle royal events. if you want to help me with the preparation or want to donate random pokemon which you would release anyway, let me know.

Damn Jayy is already in here spewing his wisdom hue

We need flat battles before this place can even be considered a competitive game. Basically need more development before comp can even be a viable endgame option, if the meta goes 100s then I can imagine it would struggle as it has in other games of the same genre.

Im all for having this game succeed but its too early to be talking about high end tournaments and such