Lost shiny

Karma94

I just encountered a shiny zigzagoon on route 102 in hoenn while hunting for ralts, I false swiped it and went into my bag to use the poke ball, and my game crashed?!?!?!? are you kidding me, is there any way to get a 2nd chance to catch it?

mega_charizard_x_gif_by_evodeus-d6oyszy.gif

Hello [mention]karma94[/mention],

there is sadly no second chance to encounter this specific shiny. This bug is well known and called "backpack freeze/lag"; this always happens if you run away from a lot of wild pokemon without refreshing your backpack. There is a simple fix for it; just open your backpack every 5-10 minutes once, to refresh it and if the game still freezes just wait it out; DO NOT click anything or tab out.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

[mention]karma94[/mention], I guess you did; sorry to hear that but you will not lose another if you follow what I suggested :P

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

So I lost a shiny because of a bug? that's not really fair :/

Next time when you register an account on what ever sites/game, please always read the terms and conditions. By that you'll be prepared on what ever consequences you'll face, I believe.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

-snip-

Unfortunately that pokemon is gone, it can't be recovered and encounters are random so it won't repeat, there is a section on the READ THIS BEFORE MAKING GENERAL SUPPORT TOPIC! thread which covers the bag glitch as it's something that currently cannot be stopped

Bag Glitch and Crash

This glitch is caused when there was a change in your bag items from the last time to the first time you open that during a battle. When you click the bag during the battle the client will have a small crash (most of the times gets solved just by waiting a few moments) as it is updating the bag information.

The longer the time between each opening of the bag the longer the crash will be, players usually experience it when running from a lot of common battles whilst hunting for a rare pokemon.

To prevent this issue open the bag every 5-10 minutes as it will maintain your your bag updated.

Since there's no more we can do to assist I'll lock this now