Trading with NPCs Guide

Eleaten

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so can you re-trade with them or cant?

Trades are one time only.

This is the most important question of the thread, had to look 5 pages into it to find it or else I was going to ask myself, OP's been editing less relevant info from other replies and this one had to be asked twice by shay3100 to get answered and not added to first post :Ambivalent:

It might, I've never tested. My assumption is no though, because the purpose for that in the main games were to encourage trading/other people to get the games, which does not apply here since there is a market naturally in an MMO. It would also require additional coding, and exp is already based on your evolution and possibly base stats(?).

Okay thx and another question is that if the iv's, nature and ability is gonna be the same with the pokemon you get in return? Or all random? I'm gonna find this out by myself now though.

Its random

It may not depend on the nature the poke you are exchanging has, but I'm curious if it can be affected if you are leading with a natu sync.

239126 there is one in steel valley that trades a bisharp and give u a klefki

dont have screenshot but he talks like: ME WANT BISHARP YOU TO HAVE KLEFKI

Added, under unconfirmed.

239334 Madeline only wants to see a pidgey with 15 attack and 15 speed. You get to keep your pidgey. So not technically a trade =P

They must've updated it recently then. Thanks for the info!

This is the most important question of the thread, had to look 5 pages into it to find it or else I was going to ask myself, OP's been editing less relevant info from other replies and this one had to be asked twice by shay3100 to get answered and not added to first post :Ambivalent:

It may not depend on the nature the poke you are exchanging has, but I'm curious if it can be affected if you are leading with a natu sync.

The question was ignored because it was obvious to me that trades are one time only, and did not occur to me someone would value such an inane question at the very top of the list. Desiring to know if you may trade multiple times (other than going against how the games have worked) implies you would like to trade once already, and if you have done so would be extremely easy to speak with the NPC again to find out if they would trade again. You may also like to know that NPCs stay at roughly the same spot, do not disappear/appear during specific times of the day, do not offer to trade Pokemon during different times of the day, and do not require you to battle them before or after the trade.

The trade is not an encounter. The process is the same as reviving fossils prior to excavation fossil revival, which would mean sync is unlikely to work. The new excavation revival is an encounter and that's how the sync works.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

"Violet City (East of the School) : Bellsprout for an Onix (unknown if holding anything)"

- Onix holds a Hard Stone

"(Unconfirmed) Route 31 : Dugtrio for a Magneton (unknown if holding anything)"

- Confirmed; He is located west of Dark Cave entrance and Magneton is holding a Metal Coat

"[unconfirmed] Olivine City : Krabby for a Voltorb (holding Metal Coat)"

- Confirmed; NPC is located East of the Lighthouse and Voltorb does NOT hold Metal Coat but a Magnet!

- TBA

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...